Trece

(Enjoy.)
"Keith, stay outside with me," Lance says as everyone start to make their way back into the house through the garage. I stop by the door and wait for everyone to go in.
"Mamá, we're going to stay out here for a little longer!" Lance yells and shuts the door. He reaches next to the door and flips a switch. The lights in the garage turn on and he runs to the back.
"Come back here," He says, and starts to laugh. I slowly walk to the back and I see all kinds of yard toys.
"Choose one," He says. There's roller skates hanging on the wall and battery powered toy cars for little kids. There re even a few skateboards hanging on the wall next to the work bench on my left.
"I call a pair of the skates!" Lance says and starts to step over the large and small toys. He grabs a white pair that look like they're from the eighties. I chuckle and see a little blue toy motor bike. I crouch over it and some how mange to get it out of the small cluster of bikes. Lance is sitting on a little yard stool and is putting on his skates. I then sit on the tiny bike. It looks like it's for four year olds. I flip a switch and twist the handle. It speeds forwards slowly for a second then speeds up a little more. I stop it as I get to the front of the garage.
"Dude, what the hell?" Lance laughs.
"What?! You said pick whatever!" I say and cock my head to the side with a smart-ass grin. I then take off down the small driveway behind the house, trying not to bump into the basketball goal by the edge of the house.
"Don't wreck it!" I hear Lance chuckle and I can hear his skates on the tar drive. He comes up behind me and grabs my shoulders.
"Go on!" He says and points ahead of me. I laugh and somehow mange to pull us both up the hill and back down to the garage.
"Hey, grab something that you can ride down the road," Lance says and skates over to the basement door. He opens it and it looks like everyone is down there playing games.
"Rosemary," He starts, "Vamos por el camino." I hear a girls laugh and Lance closes the door.
"What'd you say?" I ask and grab a blue longboard off the wall. It has light blue waves as a design on the bottom and a white gritty cover on the top. The wheels are white as well, but look worn down.
"I just said we're going down the road," He says and skates to the edge of the garage.
"Come on, I'll take you down the street. I wanna show you something," He adds.
"But isn't it cold? We're gonna freeze," I say.
"It'll only take a few minutes!" Lance says and turns to look at me, a big white row of teeth showing through his lips. I sigh and walk up next to him, the longboard under my arm. We get to the top of his drive way and he points to the right.
"We'll head down that way first," He says and starts ahead of me. I set the board down and push off. The street lights makes my path viewable and I just stair at Lance ahead of me.
We come to a halt at a three way intersection. Lance looks around, then continues off to the right. Two rows of big houses line both sides of the streets. They're covered in beautiful Christmas lights. All different kinds.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Lance says and I turn back to him. He's skating backwards and slowing down. I slow down as well and pick up my board after I come to a complete halt.
"Very," I say and walk next to him.
"This time of year is one of my favorites. Even if it's only January, my family gets to be together, and I love it," Lance sighs and pushes ahead a little. I nod and smile, but he can't see from how dark it is.
"Let's head back, I bet you're starting to get cold if I am," He chuckles and I can see him rub his arms in sync.
"Yeah," I chuckle and stare at the puff of hot air that came from my mouth. He sits on the sidewalk and starts to undo his skates.
"I'm just gonna walk the rest of the way back," He says and stands up, the skates tied together by their laces. He hangs them on his shoulder and walks up next to me. We make our way back to his house and we see that the flood lights were turned off and the garage door is closed.
"Looks like Rose didn't tell my parents," Lance says and waves for me to follow, the moon slightly illuminating his figure. I hurry behind him and he goes up to a white door by the opposite end of the house. He wiggles the doorknob and it opens into a room with a small white framed bed and an orange wood vanity. The silver lamp in the corner giving away all the colors and items in the room. Lance shuts the door behind us and sneaks over to the door. He turns to me and puts a finger to his lips and points to the bed. I then see his sister and her husband lying there, basically her husband almost falling off because she's hogging the bed. I nod and follow behind him as he quietly opens the door and shuts it. The large basement is pitch dark and he grabs his phone out of his pocket. He turns the screen on and let's the dim light lead the way. He leads us to the basement stairs and we walk up them, only letting it creak once or twice. He opens the door to the kitchen and the lights are on. Some talking is heard in the living room.
"What time do you have to be back?" Lance asks. I look over at the clock on the wall. It's eleven-thirty-seven.
"No time specifically. I live alone," I say.
"Okay, then follow me," He says and we walk to the living room. Lane and I still have our stuff from the garage I'm our hands.
"Oh, I didn't know you guys didn't come in," I hear Lance's mother speak.
"We just walked down the street. I wanted to show him the houses," Lance says.
"I see. Well, Keith, I bet your parents want you home," Mrs. McClain says, moving some of her hair from her face as she sits on the light tan couch.
"I actually live alone," I say and scratch the back of my neck.
"Wait, how old are you then, sweetheart?" She asks and sits up.
"Nineteen," I say and tug at a piece of hair on the back of my neck.
"Oh, wow. You have a young face," She says.
"I get that a lot," I chuckle.
"That's not a bad thing though! Having a baby face means you'll age well," She smiles and leans back.
"I'll take him home soon, Lance says and starts towards the hallway.
"Okay. Be quiet, okay? Your dad's trying to sleep and your older brother is staying in your room. The twins are sharing a room tonight and abuelo and abuela are taking the bed in the den, in a few," His mother says and I follow behind Lance.
"Sí," He says and makes his way down the small hallway. The first door is ok our right, then there are two on our left. A bathroom is by the last one, and next to that looks like a closet with another door that has a sign on it with writing in Spanish.
"This one's mine," Lance says and opens the door slowly, light pouring from the crack.
"Arlo? Jenny?" Lance whispers.
  "We're awake," I hear a female say. Lance then opens the door fully and walks in.
  "Okay, good," Lance chuckles. Lance waves me in and I follow close behind. He walks to the far wall after closing the door. A small window sits there with a few small plants sitting on the windowsill. A large window sits on the wall across from the main door.
  "Lance, we're going to head out for a while," Arlo, Lances older brother,  says and stands up from his blowup bed.
  "Why?" Lance asks.
  "We just want to take a late night drive. We still have some energy," Jenny says stands up as well. She straightens out her skirt and walks to the door. They quietly walk out and shut the door behind them.
  "So, what now?"

(A/n: sorry this was a shitty update... the next update will end the long night... I promise. I have a small treat the next update too. *smiles evilly*
-pitch)