Veintidós

(Enjoy.)

"Happy birthday, Lance," Pidge smiles, and I hand Lance something that's wrapped. Lance smiles and opens it. He unwraps a textbook. He look up at my phone, then starts to laugh.
  "How'd you even get this?!"
  "I know a few people."
  Pidge then starts to laugh along with Lance. He then opens the textbook and starts to flip through pages. I look over his shoulder. I see drawings and writing all over the book.
  "They ended up not even using this one again. They didn't bother making you pay either," Hunk laughs.
  "I'm happy they didn't. It's, like, over a hundred dollars. My God..." Lance trails. I see small conversations between him and Pidge and Hunk.
  "This is hilarious," I chuckle. Lance nods with a large smile.
  "Okay, now for the next gift," Allura says and shuts the book. She places a small bag on top. A light blue hydrangea sits on top. Lance takes the flower out and sets it next to the textbook. He then looks in the bag. Five gift cards to Starbucks and one to Target is in it, along with a bracelet, which looks a little more like an anklet.
  Lance pulls it out. It's blue with beads and a small merman charm.
  "I got it custom made," Allura smiles.
  "Wow, this is really, really cute. Anklet, right?" He asks. Allura nods.
  "There are ten on each Starbucks card, and twenty-five on the Target," Allura adds. Lance nods.
  "Thank you."
  Hunk then gives him his gift. It's a small card and a small bag.
  "Open the card later," Hunk says. Lance nods and opens the small bag. He pulls out a small, blue silk bag. It reads, Sí Amor, in small letters. He smiles.
  "This is cute," He says and runs his thumb across the letters. He places it back in the bag and then Shiro steps in.
  "Here, mija," He jokingly says. He hands Lance a small wrapped gift. Lance starts to open it. A small leather notebook with the words, For Your Love, reads along the top.
  "Ooh, I've been needing one, actually. This is perfect!" Lance says and starts to look through the pages. He then shuts it and sets it with everything else.
  "Okay, now for me," I say. I hand him a small bag. He takes it and first pulls out a pair of gloves I got him. He gives a weird look, but looks thankful anyway. He then pulls out the small box dressed in a baby blue bow. He unwraps the bow and opens the small box.
  "Oh my God..."
  "I know I can't afford anything too fancy right now, and this is only for a while, and I know I've only known you for about a year, but I promise you one day that I came keep this promise," I say. My face is totally red and I can even feel my neck and ears burning.
  "I get to pick yours, right?" Lance says, and it kinda of makes everyone laugh. I nod and chuckle. He then dives over to me and wraps his arms around my neck tightly.
  "You know I love you to Hell and back. I'm so happy that I met you. I'm so happy that we're together," Lance says.
  "I'm just happy that I can make you feel happy," I smile, and wrap my arms around him as well. We sit there for a while then finally pull back.
  "BITCH, YOU DROPPED ME!" I hear Pidge yell from my phone. I laugh and prop her up on the textbook.
  "This may make it a little more memorable," I say and show him the inside of the ring.
  "Oh, wow, that is so freaking awesome," He chuckles. I nod.
  "Most people actually do these for promise rings, supposedly," I say.
  "It's a great idea," He says and slips the ring on.
  "Oh, and the gloves," I say and grab them.
  "Did you get those so he can ride your bike?" Shiro asks. I nod.
  "They come in handy, I can promise you that," I say. They're kind of like mine. They're fingerless and are navy blue.
  "Bike?" Lance questions.
  "My crotch rocket. The handles are a little stubborn at times," I say.
  "And why would I need to ride it?" Lance asks.
  "That's something to ask Pidge and Hunk," I say, giving a shrug.
  "Hunk?" Lance asks.
  "The letter, but read it when we leave," Hunk smiles.
  "Well, happy birthday, Lance," Everyone says in sync, including me. Everyone gets up, giving him a hug, and getting ready to leave for the night. Hunk is the last one to hug him.
  "Make sure to call me tomorrow morning," Hunk says to me. I nod. He then makes his way to the door, putting his shoes on and grabbing his wallet and phone from the table next to the door.
  "Thank you guys for coming," Lance says, scratching the back of his neck. Everyone waves and leaves, saying their goodbyes. I then start to clean up. Lance is still sitting at the small pop-up table we have set up in the living room. He then starts to stack everything, but stops to grab the letter. I keep cleaning, but watch as he opens it. He takes out a slip of paper that was folded a few times. He starts to read it and I can see tears in his eyes. He leans back in his seat and drops the paper on the table, bringing both of his hands to cover his face.
  "What? What does it say?" I ask, rushing over to him. I can see under his hands that he's smiling. He looks up at me.
  "You guys are seriously the best," He cries. I look down at everything else he's pulled out of the envelope. An acceptance letter to Pen State sits on the table with another sheet of paper with a bunch of different letters from different people written on it. I realize what it was.
  "Wait, he already raised enough?!" I say, raising my voice a little.
  We started raising money for Lance to go to college for the last year, and some how, with nine or ten people, we raised enough in no time. His parents and friends and I have been trying to get him to Pen State and a dorm there.
  "I love you so much, you know that, right?" He asks. He looks at me and I smile.
  "Thank you so much, amor," He continues. I kiss his cheek, then just leave him there as I clean.
  A smile is plastered to my face, knowing that this is really when our life together begins.

(A/n: Okay, two more updates tonight. Give me a few. :)
-pitch)