Quince

(🚫warning: this is poorly written due to stress.🚫)
(Enjoy.)
Lance ended up driving me home early that morning. We dozed off a few times, but mostly stayed up talking until his brother got back. It's been about a month and he's moved out. I don't know where he's living, but he gave up his phone and almost everything else besides his truck and some belongings. I helped him move most of his stuff into a storage room downtown. I know he quit two of his jobs and now only works three jobs a week. That includes Hunk's sweet shop, a bike shop, and at the old costume building. He stops by sometimes, but never stays long. But I'm determined to try and help him the best I can. Or the most he will let me.

"Shiro, can I please just get a job there!" I pout.
  "No! It dangerous!" Shiro says and looks through the news paper again.
  "No it's not! It isn't a bad place to work! I promise!" I say and throw my arms in the air.
  "Oh, what about the flower shop? It says they're always excepting!" He says and shows me the add.
  "Something else. I wanna get ol' Betty back soon and I'm running low on stuff to pay for bills," I say and flop down in my recliner.
  "What about the park restaurant? I heard they have good pay. I think Matt even works there," Shiro says and finally sits down on the old crimson couch.
  "Hmm, maybe," I huff.
  "Okay, I'll call up Matt tonight and see what we can work out. Maybe look for a week end job, too. I think he said that the workers get Mondays and Fridays off," He says and stands up.
  "Okay, what about the flower shop those day?" I ask.
  "If it will work out those days," He says and lays the paper on my kitchen counter.
  "Okay, I'll check later," I say and turn around on the couch.
  "I'll come back over tomorrow," He says and then walks out of my apartment. I sigh and pull out my phone. I scroll through my contacts and find Lances old number.
  "I should probably delete this," I mumble and press the delete button. I sigh and scroll down to Allura's home number.
  "I hope she's okay," I sigh and press the call button, hoping it's still the same. After the fourth ring she picks up.
  "Hello?" She asks.
  "I'm speaking to Princes Allura, right?" I ask.
  "Yes, and who might this be?" She asks.
  "Keith, Keith Kogane," I say.
  "Oh, Keith! It's nice to hear your voice!" She speaks cheerfully.
  "Nice to hear yours, too," I chuckle.
  "So what did you need to talk about? I'm assuming it important?" She asks.
  "Um, a little. I'm running low on bill money and-" I'm cut off.
  "I am NOT lending you money," She says.
  "No no! I'm saying I need a job! Who's running the shop?" I ask quickly.
  "Oh, I don't have anyone at the moment. You know I didn't have any other workers," She says.
  "Would you mind if I worked there for a while? It will only be a weekend job though," I say.
  "Well, I have to run a background check and a few other things, but if I can get back soon to do that, then yes! It's a monthly pay though," She says and I can hear her sigh.
  "That will be just fine. Anyway, how are things over there?" I ask.
  "They were actually okay. Coran just got a bad virus and my father could keep up with Coran's work as well as his own, so I'm helping out. I should be back next week," She says and I can hear a smile in her voice.
  "That's good. Tell Coran I said 'get well soon,'" I chuckle.
  "I will. I'll see you soon," She says.
  "See you soon," I say, then beeping fills my ear and I pull my phone away. I sigh and look around my half empty apartment. Then there's a knock at my door. I swiftly get up and walk to the door. I quickly open it and see Lance in his bike shop attire.
  "Hey, how come you're back early?" I ask.
  "I guess boss was having to leave early for some wedding tomorrow. He didn't tell anyone either," Lance chuckles.
  "Oh," Is all I say, and I open the door wider to let him in. He walks in and takes off his boots by the door.
  "Do you mind if I borrow your shower? Mine stopped working for some reason," He says and rush the back of his neck.
  "Yeah, you know where everything is," I say and we walk back to my room.
  "Thanks," He says and walks to the bathroom with a bag I just realized he has. He shuts the door and I plop down on my bed.
  "So how's your day been?" He asks through the door.
  "Same-old," I say, "Shiro's still bothering me with weird jobs."
  "I would say you should come work with me and Hunk, but his family is picky with who they let work there," He says and I can hear the shower turn on.
  "Oh, makes sense. How long have you known him again?" I ask.
  "Since we were in third grade, basically," He says and I can hear the sound of the water falling in different patterns, meaning he's already in.
  "Oh, wow," I say, "I've known Shiro practically my whole life."
  "Aren't you two cousins, though?" He asks.
  "Yeah, but we weren't around each other too much as babies or toddlers," I say and stand up.
  "Oh," Is all he manages to say. I walk to my window and open the curtains. The sun is at its peak, meaning it's around mid day. I open the window to let the chilled air into my stuffy apartment. My black curtains shape to the wind and I can feel a slight breeze. I then hear the shower turn off and the sound of the shower door closing.
  After about two minutes he walks out in a fresh pair of shorts and his bike shop work shirt.
  "So you not have a clean shirt?" I ask.
  "No, I forgot to grab one," He says and wipes his head with his towel.
  "I can lend you one if you want, but no promises it will fit," I say.
  "No, it's fine. I can grab a clean one at home," He says and sits on my bed. I notice all of the grease was washed off his hands and arms, but his shirt was still covered.
  He's seemed more tired lately and have had bad bags under his eyes. He even is looking a little skinnier that normal.
  "Have you been eating enough lately?" I ask.
  "Yeah, why?" He asks.
  "No reason," I say and sit back on my bed next to him.
  "How's work been?" I ask.
  "Busy as normal," He says, running his lanky fingers through his wet hair, making it spike up like a porcupine.
  "Nice hair," I chuckle.
  "Like always," He smiles, but it looks forced.
  "Would you maybe want to stay over for a movie tonight?" I ask and lean back.
  "Yeah, sounds fun," He says and lays his towel on top of his head, pulling at both ends.
  "Does Poltergeist sound good?" I ask.
  "Never heard of it," He says, giving me a weird look.
  "Oh, you'll love it," I smile and he gives me a true hearted smile back.

(A/n: like I warned... POORLY WRITTEN! I'm stressing out about stuff later today, and I just couldn't write right... but I want to get one chapter out a day, so I tried my best... I'm sorry.
-pitch)