Chapter 7

(Quick A/N. I decided to make the first paragraph a summary of the second half of the last chapter in John's point of view so that you know what he was thinking as well. If you don't care about that, just skip the first paragraph. That's all. Read on!)

John's POV

Alex was curled up against my side as I thought about what exactly had just happened. When it started to rain, I didn't really think anything of it. But when Alexander fell to the floor at the sound of thunder, Burr, Mr. Washington and I had immediately gone over to him to see if he was okay. When I had tried to talk to him, he was unresponsive, so I started shaking him, not really knowing what else to do. When the storm sirens started, Alex suddenly started to scream and thrash around in my arms. I had no idea what was happening in his brain, but it was clear he was having a panic attack. I just kept shaking him and calling out his name, and he had eventually come back to reality. He had grasped me tightly, weeping into my shoulder, but I didn't really mind. He needed a friend to comfort him. And when I had taken him back to the dorms, he had seemed absolutely horrified at having to go outside. I had tried to make it as fast a trip as I could for him as he kept a death grip on me. Then when I had moved to go back to class, he had grabbed my arm. He gave me this look that just broke my heart. He looked so alone and terrified. So I had stayed with him.

Now, he was asleep. The poor boy looked exhausted. I sighed and wrapped my arm around him. He leaned into the embrace, and I blushed a little bit. He didn't know he was doing it, but still. I was falling hard for this boy. I smiled fondly at the sleeping Alex and held him close. For once, he looked so calm, so peaceful, like he didn't have some secret past that had traumatized the kid. I held him until he woke up, about three hours later. When he eventually did, the first thing he seemed to notice was the position we were in. He blushed madly, and I let go of him. "Uh... sorry," I apologized, going a darker red than Alex.

"It's fine. I didn't really mind," he signed in return.

"Wait, really?"

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me. I somehow managed to turn an even darker shade of red and quickly returned the embrace. After a moment, he let go and looked at me. "Thank you for staying."

"Of course. I'm always here if you need me." I smiled softly at him. He returned it with a soft one of his own.

"What time is it?" he asked.

"Um..." I looked at my phone really quickly. "About four thirty."

His eyes widened. "I missed classes?"

"Yeah, but it's fine. I called your teachers and explained to them why you weren't in class. They just said to swing by for your assignments when you feel better," I replied calmly.

He visibly relaxed. "Okay. Thank you."

I nodded and turned my attention back to my phone. I had just beat my high score on Temple Run when there was a knock on the door. I sighed, feeling a little annoyed at the interruption. It had taken me ten minutes to beat my high score! However, I got out of the app and pocketed my phone before standing up and walking over to the door. I swung it open to greet the visitor. Just to be pulled out of the room. The door closed behind me and I was slammed into the wall.

"Where is he, you little shit?" a familiar voice demanded. I gave my best innocent expression as I gazed at the familiar blue eyes and sandy hair of Andrew Jackson.

"Where is who?" I knew I'd probably just get beat up for that question. He knew that I knew exactly who he was talking about. And sure enough, I was greeted with a punch to the gut. I took it with barely even a flinch. I've had worse beatings. I laughed a little. "You hit like a girl. But, not an awesome girl like Hermione Granger or Annabeth Chase. More like a four year old who never learned how to fight." I grinned at him.

He growled and punched me again. "Where is Burr, you faggot?"

"How the hell should I know? And even if I did know, why the hell would I tell you?" I glared at Jackson.

"You will tell me because if you don't, I will end your life."

I looked him straight in the eye, a challenging look on my face. "Do it."

He looked surprised at first, but he quickly recovered. "Later. I'd have to ruin it first." Yeah, good luck with that. My life was ruined a long time ago, buddy. "How about messing with that quiet kid first?"

"No. Leave him out of this."

"Why? He's enemy number one of the SDR now. So it's just a bonus that he happens to be your friend. We hurt him, we hurt you. Same goes for Marie and Hercules." Did he just call Laf Marie?

"He prefers to be called Laf, if you don't mind."

"Yeah, well her name is Marie, and that's what I plan on calling her."

"Do you plan on letting me go any time soon? I mean, I could just hang on this wall forever. It beats studying for class any day. But I could've sworn you had a life. Why don't you get back to it?" I changed the topic, knowing he's just trying to get a reaction out of me.

He punched me right in the jaw before letting me fall to the floor. Then he kicked me hard in the gut before walking away. I picked myself up and glared at him as he disappeared around the corner. I waited for a moment before knocking on the door to my dorm room. I kind of got locked out when Jackson had let the door close behind me. "Alex, it's just me. Open the door, please."

Footsteps could be heard for a few seconds before the door cracked open. I pulled it open the rest of the way and stepped inside. I closed the door behind me and moved to my bed. I grabbed my phone and checked it to see death threats from the SDR. When did they get my number? I sighed and blocked all of their numbers.

Alex sat down next to me and tapped my shoulder to get my attention. "What happened?"

"Just Jackson being a big bag of dicks as always." I smiled at the boy sitting next to me. "I'm fine, I swear."

"He did something. Do I need to go kill him?"

I chuckled. "No, that's not necessary. I took care of it."

"What did he want with you?"

I shrugged. "He just wanted to know where Aaron is. I have no clue how he found our dorm though."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Alexander had a look of concern on his face.

"Yes, Alex. I'm fine, I promise."

He hesitated before replying. "Okay then. I'm going to go get my homework now."

"Alright. Be careful, okay?" I smiled at him. He smiled back and nodded before leaving the room.

~~

HI GUYS! I need to stop writing new stories. But eh. Sorry this chapter is a little short, but I think you guys will like it anyways. So yeah I started yet ANOTHER story. But I'm actually a co-author for that one, and it just so happens that we decided to upload it on my profile. It's another Lams story, so if you're interested... Also as for this story being short after a long wait, I had issues come up. I was planning on updating yesterday, but... stuff happened.

Anyways HOLY SHIZA! When did this story get so popular?! Like, one day it's at 3k views and I'm like Wow, that's a high number. And now it's ALMOST 10K WHAT EVEN?! Do you guys actually like it that much? I'll try to have the next update out soon, but I make no promises. Until next time!

~MishaIsOurOverlord1