Chapter 14

Alex's POV

I was in History class when my phone vibrated in my pocket. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Who the hell would be texting during class? I knew for a fact everyone was in class right now. So I figured it must be important. The moment Mr. Washington's back was turned, I pulled out my phone and looked at it. Then proceeded to drop it as I just stared at the screen.

TurtleObsession: Hi guys

Mr. Washington turned around to look for the source of the noise, and I just looked at Aaron, who was staring at his own phone with wide eyes. I didn't even bother to ask to leave. Washington wouldn't understand me anyway. I just stood up and ran out of the classroom. I knew Aaron would explain before leaving himself.

I ran the entire distance to the hospital, to his room, and oh, look at that. I was the first one there. I saw him sitting up in bed and just breathed out "John," too quietly for him to hear. I rushed over to him and hugged him tightly, before remembering he might still be hurting and loosening my grip. He hugged me back, which only caused me to blush a lot. We stayed like that for a good minute before pulling away. I looked at his lips. I wanted to kiss them so much... But... I think that would only make him uncomfortable.

Over the extra week, I had decided why I missed him so much. I was in love. With John Laurens. And dammit, I wanted to tell him. But I settled for just smiling at him. I didn't want to risk ruining our friendship by doing anything stupid. I had thought earlier that it was just a crush, but no. Even if that's how it started out, it evolved into something much more.

I just kept smiling at him and signed "When did you wake up?"

"Like, ten minutes ago. How'd you get here so fast? I thought you were in class."

"I ran. Who cares about class?"

"You."

"But you're awake. And that's much more important than education."

He smiled. "It is?"

I nodded. "You're more important to me." I blushed madly as I signed that, and I saw him blush too. I saw him looking at me in a way that just released all the butterflies in my stomach. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. We were only inches apart. I could feel the butterflies only get more excited. He slowly leaned in, and-

The door opened, and we both pulled away, both of us having turned into our true tomato forms. We looked at the door to see Laf, Herc, Burr, the Schuyler Sisters, Sam, and even Thomas and James standing there. Well. Okay then. I mentally screamed at all of them for interrupting us. A nurse pushed through them. "Sorry, boys. Usually, there's only a three person limit, but we couldn't stop them from coming to see you."

"I-it's fine. You can let them in," John said.

She nodded and gestured for them to enter, which they did. And everyone started talking at once.

"John! You're awake!"

"When did you wake up?"

"I'm so glad you are not dead!"

"Is there anything I can get you?"

"Are you okay? Does it still hurt?"

"You scared us all to death! Never do something like that again!"

"I'm glad you're okay, but that was such a stupid thing to do! Seriously! Like, you invented a new kind of stupid!"

"I'm so sorry this happened. I should've done something."

"I feel like Thomas and I don't have a right to be here, but I'm really glad you're okay."

"Guys, seriously, calm down for a moment," John said, raising his hand so people would realize he's talking. Oh my god, I missed his voice so much. "Thomas, James, I don't even know what you two were doing at the dorm, but I have a feeling that it wasn't to get Burr back." They shook their heads. "If that's the case, I don't mind you being here right now. As for the rest of you, could you please stop talking all at once?" They all nodded. "Thank you."

After John magically managed to calm everyone down, we caught him up on what he missed while he was under. I ended up being the last one in the room with him. He looked at me. "So, uh, about before..." Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. He's probably gonna ask me to forget it ever happened. But I can't do that. "Um... you weren't going to stop me, were you?"

I shook my head. "No, I was not going to."

"Oh." Was that his way of asking me if I liked him? "Um..." He was about to say something else when a nurse knocked on the door.

"Excuse me. I need to ask you to leave."

I sighed, but nodded, standing and leaving the room, then the hospital. I walked back to campus and just waited for the next day.

(Time Skip because I'm lazy)

After all my classes, I was once again, the first one to the hospital to see John. He's supposed to be let out soon, but they needed to hold him for a couple more days to make sure he was stable. Which was fine, totally fine. What was a few more days in an empty dorm? It just meant I didn't have to worry about him making me sleep or stop working at night. Sure it was lonely, without him in there, but I spent so much of my life alone. A couple more nights would be nothing.

I smiled at John and waved at him. He returned the smile and I'm fairly certain I saw him blush a little as he ushered me inside. I gladly entered the room and sat next to his bed. Then he surprised me a bit. He moved over, making room for me. "Would it make you uncomfortable to lie with me?" he asked shyly.

I just smiled wider and got into the bed with him, feeling my face grow warm. I was so helpless around him. He wrapped his arm around me and held me close to him. What was he doing? Was he... no, no surely he wasn't.

"Hey, Alex?"

I looked at him.

"Do you, maybe, wanna try again? Wh-what we were going to do yesterday, before we got interrupted?"

What was he talking about? I couldn't think of what he meant at first, but I nodded anyway. Which caused him to smile softly and lean in. What- oh. OH! That's what he meant. I felt those butterflies escape again and started to lean in as well. Was this actually happening? Oh god, please don't let this be a dream! We were mere centimeters apart, and I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting that stupid door to open again. But it didn't. And just a second later, our lips connected. On the outside, I kept my cool, kissing him and just enjoying the moment. On the inside, it was more like "OHMYGODJOHNFREAKINGLAURENSISKISSINGMEHEKISSEDMEHEKISSEDMEHELIKESMETOOJESUSCHRISTTHISISTHEBESTDAYOFMYLIFE!" Yeah. I was full on fanboying on the inside. His lips were so soft! It was amazing! Oh sweet Jesus! I'm not sure how long we kissed... maybe just a few seconds, maybe a couple minutes. But my god, I didn't want it to end, but he pulled away and looked at me with a smile, which I gladly returned.

"So, uh, I hope that didn't freak you out." He blushed madly, and hey we were twins!

I shook my head with a huge grin. "No, I liked it a lot."

"Oh. Good." He smiled at me.

"So you like me?" I think Sam's ship just sailed.

"Yeah. I, uh, I like you a lot."

I grinned even wider, if that was even possible, and hugged him tightly. He hugged back, and I pulled away after a moment to sign "I like you too." And he was about to respond when there was a knock on the door. I quickly got out of the bed and back in the chair before the door opened and visitors came in. I ended up leaving, mainly because I needed to go find Sam. I think he might want to know about this.  

~~

Guys, this chapter sucks. But I'm keeping it. A THIRD CHAPTER IN ONE DAY GUYS I CAN'T STOP I'M SO FREAKING INSPIRED TODAY AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I HOPE YOU KNOW THIS WON'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN BUT GOD I'M SO INSPIRED AND I CAN'T STOP WRITING AND HELP ME!!!!! So I figured that fourteen chapters goddamn it was about time they confessed their freaking feelings and kissed already. That, and I promised myself that I'd start the Lams after John woke up. Also, I realized while writing this that I freaking suck at writing romance. Oh well.

~MishaIsOurOverlord1