Chapter 22

(John's POV)

I couldn't get that grin off of my face as I looked at Alex before kissing his lips softly. It took him a moment to register what was happening before he happily kissed me back. After a moment, I pulled away from it and just looked at him, my eyes shining with happiness. "Hey Alex?"

He tilted his head. "Yes, John?" he signed. I could respect that, but I really did want to hear his beautiful voice again. However, I wasn't about to pressure him to just start talking all the time.

"Would you maybe want to go on a date with me? Like, right now? I've got a great restaurant I could take you to." He seemed to think about it before nodding with a big smile. "Awesome! Come with me. I'll take you there right now." I took his hand and led him away from campus and towards town, just glad I had brought my wallet with me. I led him to only the finest restaurant I know that I can afford: Steak 'n Shake. I looked over to Alex, honestly expecting him to judge just a little bit, but he just smiled at me before walking inside. With a smile, I happily followed him.

When we were seated, the waiter handed us our menus, leaving for a few minutes to let us decide and to also take care of other tables. I glanced over my menu. "Well, I don't know about you, but I could go for a milkshake," I said smiling at Alex, who looked at me, confused. "You, know, a milkshake. You know what that is, right?" When he shook his head, I gasped. "Well then, we have to introduce you to these delicacies." I showed him the pictures of the milkshakes on his menu and told him to  choose one. In the end, he went with a simple chocolate shake before starting to look at the burger options. 

The waiter came back, and we ended up having the same order, so I ordered for the both of us. "Two chocolate milkshakes, and two double bacon burgers with fries, please." 

He wrote it down, then nodded at us. "They'll be right out." When he walked away, I just smiled at Alex.

"I think you're gonna like this food. These guys are great. Amazing burgers. And for fair prices, too." 

He nodded softly, listening to every word that came out of my mouth. I stopped talking and just looked at him for a moment, studying his features. Mostly, I found myself looking into his eyes. His beautiful, chocolate, intelligent eyes. Honestly, I could stare into his eyes for hours on end. But I looked away after a moment. "So tell me something about yourself. I still don't know a lot about you." And yet, you've still somehow made me fall in love with you.

"What do you want to know?"

"Um..." Start with something easy. "What kind of music do you like?"

He thought for a moment before responding. "Well, I like Elvis."

"Elvis," I repeated aloud. "Yeah, I suppose he's pretty good. Any others?"

"I like the older music. Elvis, The Beatles, Journey, that kind of music."

I smiled softly. "Yeah, I prefer that kind of music over today's music. Though, I do like the Disney music. Because I'm seven years old and you can't tell me otherwise." I smiled wider as Alex let out a quiet laugh. "So why are you always writing? I've always been curious about that."

"It's an escape for me. A way to get away from the world and just be myself."

"Huh. So, you don't like the world, then?"

"No. Most of the time, it seems to be against me."

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head curiously.

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell you when I'm ready."

"Oh, alright then." We just carried on like that, asking and answering. We kept on like that until our orders got here. The waiter handed them to us, and I smiled as Alex took a tentative sip of his chocolate milkshake. I watched as his eyes lit up and he mouthed an 'oh my god.' "So you like it, then?"

He nodded quickly and took another drink. I took a small drink from my own, just watching the light in his eyes. I started with my fries, occasionally dipping one into my milkshake. Because I don't care what anyone thinks, I think it tastes good. You can't tell me how to live my life.

When Alexander's attention was turned to the burger on his plate, he again was hesitant to try it, but then it disappeared rather quickly. "Told ya this food was good," I chuckled as he just smiled sheepishly before starting on his fries. 

When we were finished with our food, I paid for it and we started walking back to campus. "So what did you think?"

"The food was p-pretty good," he mumbled quietly, which caused me to smile. "I l-liked it."

"And the milkshake?"

"I w-want another," he said with a smile.

"Yeah, me too," I chuckled. "Maybe tomorrow, though. After classes. Now, you don't have to tell me, but... why did Reynolds call you an immigrant?" 

He froze for a moment. Heck, he even stopped walking. "Um... b-because... b-b-because..." He sighed and switched to ASL. "Because I am one." He looked down at the ground.

"You are?" I tilted my head with a confused look on my face, Castiel style. "Where are you from, then?"

He shook his head before hesitating and signing: "The Caribbean. Please don't tell anyone."

"Of course I won't, but... why do you seem ashamed of it?"

"It's a long story."

"Alright then. You can tell me in your own time." I gave him a reassuring smile, to which he gave a grateful one in return. There were a lot of mysteries to unlock within this boy. It was like a puzzle waiting to be solved. But I was willing to take the time to carefully put the pieces together.

~~

YO! How are you? Good? Happy there's an update? I hope you liked the update, because I know I enjoyed writing it. Well, I don't really have much to say right now. So be sure to tell me what you think of the chapter! Adios, Mishamigos!

~MishaIsOurOverlord1