Chapter 13

John's POV (WHAAAAAAT)

After things went pitch black for me, I woke up surrounded by turtles. "Um... What's going on?" I asked the nearest one.

"He's awake! The Turtle King has awoken!" the turtle cheered.

"Turtle King?" I cocked my head.

"Yes! The king of all turtles! Our rightful ruler!"

"Wait, when did this happen?"

"The throne is your birthright, my Lord! And you have finally come of age!"

"Oh!" I've decided that this turtle was my favorite. Simply because he seemed cool. "What is your name, turtle?"

"I am Turtle Alexander, my Lord." Yep. Definitely my favorite.

"Okay, Turtle Alex. Does everyone here have Turtle in front of their names?"

"Yes! Because our names can sometimes represent that of a human's, our last King decided to place Turtle in front of all of our names."

"Oh, okay!"

"Of course, my Lord," Turtle Alex said, helping me to my feet, "you'll need to choose someone to be your steward. You can take all the time you need, but it is a requirement."

"There's no need to think about it. I want you to be my steward!"

"A-are you sure, your Majesty? I'm just a commoner, not worthy of-"

"Yes, I'm sure. Turtle Alexander, will you be my steward?"

"O-of course, your Majesty! I'd be honored!" He smiled widely at me, and I smiled back.

Turned out, the kingdom really needed some work, but I helped to turn it into an amazing one. The best kingdom they've had in decades, according to Turtle Alex. And you know what? It turned out that Turtle Alex was a huge fanatic on Human History. But I couldn't blame him. It was quite interesting. He'd give me a lesson almost every day. Though at first, he was really nervous about it, and would stutter a lot. Though, he slowly started to get more comfortable talking about it around me. At one point, he rambled on for a good thirty minutes about a Cabinet Meeting about trying to start America's banks. And I'd listen intently every time. For two reasons. One: it was really interesting. And two: I liked listening to Turtle Alex talk about something he was so passionate about. It was adorable, really!

I was having the best time running my kingdom! But, sometimes, when I'd be going to sleep, I'd catch a glimpse of something that looked an awful lot like a hospital room. And I'd hear a couple unfamiliar voices too. But then I'd just wake up and continue with ruling my kingdom. It's been the best three weeks of my entire existence. Though today was kind of weird.

I stretched with a yawn as I woke up, reaching over and putting the crown on my head. I got dressed in my royal clothing and walked out to the throne room. "Good morning, Turtle Alex. How are you today?"

"I am well, thank you, your Majesty."

"Now what did I say? You can just call me John."

"But, that seems so... disrespectful, to simply call you John, or Turtle John."

"Then call me King John, if you wish."

"Of course. That is what I will do, King John. Thank you."

I nodded and we walked together to the dining room. We ate a splendid breakfast, just like every day, and he gave me the list of duties I had to fulfil as King. And after doing what needed to be done, we were just chilling in the throne room, talking to each other. Turtle Alex started blushing a little. Ah, it must be time for our History talk. He always got flustered when he wanted to talk about it. "Go ahead, Turtle Alex. What shall we talk about today?"