Chapter 2.

Chris and I spent most of October furnishing and doing the minor renovations on the Boston home. I had another doctor's appointment to check for gestational diabetes. There was nothing unusual to report. I was healthy. Baby was healthy. My morning sickness had started to abate. It was all good.

So mostly we decorated. The renovations were mostly minor and happened quickly. We were just updating a little of the interior so it didn't look stuck between antique and modern. We redid a couple of the bathrooms too. That took a little longer but it didn't keep us out of the house. It had five bathrooms. A couple being out of service wasn't a big deal. I was really looking forward to using the new ones though. We were mimicking the bathroom in Chris' LA home but with a more antique look.

Furnishing the house was harder. It was massive and we were really starting from scratch. Chris hired a decorator to help us. If you'd asked me a couple of years ago if either Chris or I were the kind of people who would hire decorators I would have said, no, absolutely not. I decorated my apartment in LA by going to the Salvation Army. How did I now have an interior decorator?

They were amazing though. We went through the house and said what kind of things we were thinking. She brought in books and magazine and we gave yes, no or maybe to different furnishings. Then she just went and bought things. She scoured antique markets and auctions. She had people make things for us. She bought new furniture when that was what fitted best.

The sofa she bought was the single most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. Perfect height. Super plushy and soft without being too soft. It even had a daybed. Which was going to be awesome to make use of.

We had a room set up as a games room, with a pool table. I had an office. Didn't have a job yet, but still, that was nice. We had contractors come in to renovate the carriage house into a gym, or at least part of it. We thought the rest might just be a good space for parties. That was a bigger job and was going to take a few months complete.

The main two things we were having trouble with was finding a bed we liked and setting up a nursery. The nursery issue was just one of big plans for something temporary. We kept getting more and more excited about it. Someone was brought in to paint a mural. It was elaborate and included Disney characters, Harry Potter and the Avengers. We kind of went a little over the top.

The bed was settled a little easier. I really wanted a four poster one. I'd always wanted one growing up and it would fit this house so well. Chris didn't care except he wanted it to be comfortable and he wanted to be able to tie me to. I mean yeah with a four poster there is the spread position available. Chris just likes variety Finding a four poster with anything other than a solid headboard that isn't stupidly ornate was difficult.

By the end of October we felt ready to actually move in. We were technically only getting a month together before Chris had to leave to film a movie called 'Many a Splendid Thing' in LA. Even still, it was nice being in our place. The place we were going to be raising a family.

Now my morning sickness was easing back I had reached the completely insatiable part of pregnancy. That's hard to deal with when you're living with your mother-in-law. On our first night in the new house I jumped Chris as soon as we walked in the front door. We fucked up against the door of the foyer. We then had ordered pizza and fucked again on the new couch.

I got ready for bed that night, dressing in warm flannelette pyjamas with Captain America on them. Chris rolled his eyes when he saw them.

"Where did they come from?" He asked when I curled up against him. He was reading through his script again. He flipped it closed and put it on the bedside table with his glasses.