Chapter 3

We held a combination Halloween and house warming party at the new place. There was still a little bit of work going on to it, but not so much that it would be disruptive to a party.

Chris and I did the couples costume thing again. This year we went with Belle and Beast. I don't know why I'm comfortable wearing ballgowns as a costume, but I really am. I loved being in Belle's giant, yellow cupcake dress.

Chris had gone all out decorating the house. We'd carved jack-o-lanterns together. Oh my god! I had never done that before. Mine weren't great, but I was pleased they didn't suck. Chris appeared to have a lot more practice at it. He used a Dremel to get those different layers so when they lit up it wasn't just a face it was a whole scene.

Who would have thought that the ability to carve a pumpkin would make someone more attractive to me?

Lisa showed up early which meant I was suddenly fragile goods. I was not allowed to help in the kitchen or decorate I had to sit and be pregnant.

I hated it. It reminded me of when we first visited Chris' family and I wasn't allowed to help around the house because I was a guest. It made me feel like I wasn't family. Like I'd never be family. I was always going to be a Stephens in this group of Evans' even in my own home.

"Hey, grumpy. What's up?" Chris asked, entering the lounge room and flopping on the couch next to me.

I shrugged. "I just thought this was my house."

"You mean, Ma? She's just trying to take care of you, babe." Chris said throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Makes me feel unwanted." I sulked.

Chris pressed his lips to my forehead, it felt weird with his beast fangs in. "So I'm going to say something that might be a huge mistake. But here goes." He took a deep breath. "Do you think maybe you're overreacting because of your pregnancy hormones?"

I groaned. "Maybe. It's still how I feel."

"I promise, she's just doing it because she loves you and she wants to take care of you." He moved so his mouth was up against my ear. "I'll take care of you after the party. Would you like that?"

I elbowed him. "Sex doesn't fix everything, Chris."

He didn't move away from me. Instead he nuzzled at my throat. His hand ran up my bodice and he squeezed my breast. I gasped suddenly and released the sudden intake of air in a deep hum. "You sure about that?" He growled.

My cunt tingled and I squirmed in my seat. "Cut it out." I said.

Chris got up. "I'll go talk to her." He said.

I grabbed his hand. "No, Chris. Don't you dare!"

"So you're just going to sit here and sulk?"

I shrugged. "At least until other people get here."

I did cheer up considerably when other people got there. Although, one of Chris' parties when you can't drink aren't always the most fun things. I kind of threw myself in trick-or-treating duty. There were so many kids in this neighbourhood. Or maybe because it was a rich neighbourhood they were brought in. I don't know. They were all super cute though. I always got doubly excited when they were dressed as Avengers.

I realised by about ten that Chris wasn't drinking. He didn't even touch a beer at all.

"What's going on?" I asked, sidling up to him and putting my arm around his waist.

"We're just playing pool. Good call on the pool table." Chris answered.

"No, I mean, why aren't you drinking?"