Chapter 9

Chris started filming the new Captain America movie. They were calling it 'Freezer Burn'. It was mostly being filmed in LA. Which made things really easy for us. It was almost like he had a regular job. He often worked very late, but he always came home every night. He was really enjoying it too. Sebastian was in it. So was Scarlett. He was loving the directors and how physical it was.

I was getting really excited about starting work again. Because I could hire two postdocs to work under me I offered one position to Gaby. She said yes, and now getting back to work was almost all I wanted to do.

In the meantime I decided to just make the best of being responsibility free. I got back into free running. I liked doing it down near the beach best of all. I took up pole dancing.

I would go into set with Chris and lie out on a sunbed outside his trailer messing about on my laptop. I'd gotten into reading fanfiction about Chris. I don't really know why even. I just found it really fun. Sometimes it was super funny, sometimes ridiculous, sometimes sexy. It had just become a weird distraction from the things that had been weighing me down.

I was sitting out in the sun one day reading something when Sebastian came off set. He wore this leather armour with multiple straps running along his chest, and had a fake metal arm. He was so scruffy too. I was not used to seeing him like this. He was super hot.

He wandered over doing the little knife tricks he was constantly practicing. He really looked quite intimidating. Something else I did not normally associate with Sebastian Stan.

"Hey, Ems. Whatcha up to?" He asked, pulling up the deck-chair next to mine.

I pulled the laptop closer to me, so he couldn't see the screen. "Nothing." I said, dragging the word out.

Sebastian started laughing. "That is the look of someone who just got busted looking at porn."

"I'm not!" I squeaked.

"Liar. Go on. Show me the porn." Sebastian teased.

"It's not porn. Trust me. I'd happily share porn with you." I laughed.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at me. "So what are you hiding?"

I groaned. "Okay, but it's super embarrassing." I turned my computer to face him. "I like to read fanfiction about Chris."

Sebastian threw his head back laughing. He took the computer from me and started reading the fic. "Oh my god. This is horrific. Did they just call a vagina a wet pocket?"

I started laughing hysterically. "Yes. Oh god. That one is bad. She writes really rapey Chris too. I kinda read it more for the cringe. But there are some good ones. I kinda like seeing how people see Chris as being in real life."

"How come you started reading them?" Sebastian asked, still flicking his eyes over the fic in front of him.

I shrugged. "I guess with what's happened, I just wanted to read about a Chris who was getting the things he wanted."

Sebastian put the laptop on the ground and leaned over and hugged me. "I'm sorry."

I returned the hug just briefly and pushed him away. "Nope." I said. "Sorry. Can't go there right now."

Sebastian gave my hand a quick squeeze. "You should share some with me. I love seeing what fans get up to."

I started laughing again. "You'll regret that. There are a bunch about you and Chris."

"Now I really want to read them."

And that's how Sebastian and I became friends outside of Chris. We started sending each other fan art and fanfics. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Often porn. It was like we were trying to out do each other. Sometimes we were clearly sending them because we were trying to embarrass each other. That would have been slightly easier to do for me simply because there was much more Sebastian Stan works than Emily ones. It would have been, if Sebastian was embarrassed by anything. Sometime we just sent them because we really just liked them. It was our thing.