Sticks and Stones

"SANS! SANS ARE YOU SLEEPING AT YOUR POST AGAIN!" Sans was dozing off at his post having yet another nightmare about the resets. Although this was nothing new theatre didn't mean it wouldn't get old. The constant watching of monsters being slain mercilessly over and over again. Black bags of sleepless nights were not hidden and appeared around his socket, making his apparent lack of sleep obvious.

He was still asleep even after he was called out for by his 'boss'. Calling his own brother, younger brother in fact boss left a distasteful sense in Sans's mouth. He yearned for something called a 'healthy relationship' in other words real 'love'. But then again. Everyone yearned for something, and Sans knew that yearning wasn't going to change anything.

Sans thought that maybe, just maybe he might be able to have peace. He would always daydream about a place like that on the surface when the monsters emerged out of this God forsaken land. However he had already given up on such pointless daydreams."SANS WAKE UP NOW!" Papyrus spoke furiously, stomping on the snow leaving a deep footprint, as if marking his territory showing his authority.

"O-oh it's you b-boss." Sans said stuttering from the cold and his feared brother. 'Was it normal to be scared of the only family you had left?' Sans would think that to himself everyday, after every beating. Eventually he convinced himself that 'it was normal'. Of course it wasn't true, but he kept telling himself that, to give himself hope that they were good brothers.

"WHY YES IT'S ME! WHO ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT YOU USELESS EXCUSE FOR A BROTHER!" Papyrus's harsh words got to Sans although he didn't bother showing them. His so called brother had taught him emotions show weekness and weekness shows easy targets. That's how the life they lived was, LOVE is the only thing they can rely on. Although Sans was an exception, since he relied on his brother. And in a way, even higher of the skeletons knew it, Papyrus relied on Sans a lot too.

"I dunno who would I expect boss?" Sans asked. He knew he'd get a beating for being sassy but he wasn't in the mood, hell he didn't care. This would all be reset and it would be like this conversation never happened, as if everything around Sans right now was hopeless. But he didn't completely give up. He used what little determination he had to glue together that parts of himself breaking apart.

No matter how much Sans obeyed his brother he would still get beat, on a good day he'd receive a bruise, and Sans knows that for Papyrus very few days are considered 'good'. Sans looked up towards his fuming brother, he felt a little guilty for saying those words to his brother, no matter what happened Sans still loved him. And not just the violence kind. Sans decided to avoid eye contact and kick the piles of snow on the ground, however he flinched at the sudden shout of Papyrus. "YOU BETTER DROP THAT ATTITUDE OR I'LL GIVE YOU THE BEATING OF A LIFE TIME!" Papyrus was furious and didn't hide it. In fact even if he wasn't angry or in rage he'd still look it.

"A life time eh? Well I won't be living long with all the beatings I've been getting." Sans didn't know why he was acting this way. Did he finally snap? Did he finally not care about the world of his brother anymore? Sans didn't know the answers to the questions but he did know two things. He knew that he loved his brother no matter the torment, and secondly he was going to get a hell of a beating.

Sans gazed up at the sky. Although the monsters were underground no monsters had ever just looked at the sky and appreciated the stars looming above their heads. Even though it seemed impossible since they were underground."THAT'S IT SANS! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RETURNING HOME TONIGHT!" Now Sans was scared. Being left outside was bad enough, but he was tired. So he wouldn't be able to keep awake and monsters will kill him in his sleep. He was half asleep but after hearing that he's wide awake.

"N-no please boss! I can't survive out here!" Yet again he was stuttering this time out of pure fear. Fear from his brother and the threatens that will await him after the turn of events. Sans somehow thought of something. It flashed through his mind for a second that, he barely noticed. He had thought 'Its gonna be okay'. These were comforting words that other monsters were unable to say to him. So he had to take it upon himself to reassure himself that it was indeed 'going to be okay'.