'New bestie'

Third P.O.V

"IM BACK FROM TRAINING MY AWESOME SKILLS!" Suddenly the wooden door swung open, filling the house with a cold gust of wind.

"Sup bro. Red's taking a shower." Papyrus answered as if he knew Blue was going to ask the question. Blue reached in his pocket and pulled out a bottle of mustard.

"I THOUGHT I'D BUY HIM A TREAT, SINCE I WOULD LIKE TO BE THE BESTEST OF BEST FRIENDS WITH OTHER ME." Blue felt disappointed that he'd have to wait even longer to surprise Red, the reason he rushed over home so quickly. Blue and Papyrus settled down on the couch watching some TV. Although Papyrus didn't like any of the show's he watched them for Blue.

Meanwhile Red had just finished his shower, clothed and all. Although it hurt him cleaning his ribcage the soap leaving a sting. Despite all this he walked down the familiar stairs with his usual expression hiding how his wound felt.

He had subconsciously tried being nicer to the two skeleton brothers since they had shown him a new type of LOVE. Sometimes he'd think about how his time here with Papyrus would be.

Blue turned around hearing the slow footsteps pressing down on the creaky stairs. His already large smile grew as he rushed over to the skeleton. He wore his washed clothes which Blue had done not too long ago.

"HEY RED! I GOT YOU A PRESENT!" Although overjoyed, as anyone would be when getting a gift he was suspicious. Gifts are usually for special occasions although he didn't exchange gifts anymore. Hell, the only time he got a 'present' was when some monsters came up to him with a knife. "HERE"

Blue gave Red the golden bottle of mustard, Red trying to hide his joy. Papyrus noticed this however, Blue was not so good at reading expressions unless they were obvious to the point a child could tell. Blue's face saddened not getting the expression he thought he would.

Red realised Blue's sudden change in attitude feeling a slight tang of guilt. "Thanks Blue. This gift is great." Red said sounding genuinely happy, just not too happy that wasn't his style. Blue over reacted. He bounced on the couch repeating the words 'New bestie' in his innocent voice.

Red was a little taken back and flushed red slightly, being called 'New bestie' over and over again made him embarrassed; although he was happy to hear that he was being called a friend. Papyrus, the observant skeleton he is, saw this and chuckled slightly at what was going on.

Red stood there in silence until Blue's hyperactivity calmed down. Although it took a while it eventually died down, and by then Papyrus had left for the kitchen aiming to take a quick sip of his secret honey storage. Blue flopped down on the couch arm hanging off the ledge. Red looked at the clock on the wall that he interpreted as '07:00'.

"I'm gonna go to sleep." Red informed. Papyrus walked back into the room with a med kit he had just remembered.

"Let's patch you up first cause we need to get this mess wrapped up." Papyrus said widely grinning to himself, Red joining in on the grin. While Blue was infuriated. "PAPYRUS JUST HURRY UP AND BANDAGE HIM!"

"What did I wound you with that pun. I thought that one was a real rib tickler." Once again Red had laughed. Twice. In the same day. His cheek bones that barely moved in his universes were aching now, and even though the amount of pain he felt laughing in his rib cage he couldn't help it.

Blue was shocked at Red laughing. But he smiled and laughed along with him. Not for Papyrus's pun but for the sense of accomplishment of making this sad and sharp tongued skeleton enjoy himself.

"I'LL FORGIVE YOU SINCE YOU ENETERTAINED OUR SPECIAL GUEST. BUT HURRY UP AND TREAT HIS WOUNDS!" Red readily sat on the couch taking off his sweater revealing a bloodied and cracked rib cage.

"Papyrus your jokes really cracked me up. It's been a real treat laughing with you." Red said chuckling on his own joke, this time Papyrus joining him. Blue had left after that pun, the two of them heard his screaming in the kitchen.