Backstory

The return home was silent, yet it was more of a calming silence then an awkward one. As Papyrus opened the door to their home they felt the warm air cover their face, like a blanket. The silence was still there but that didn't bother the skeletons much. Papyrus gently grabbed Red by the wrist, as if he was something fragile and would snap under even the slightest pressure.

As Papyrus led Red to the couch, Red still looked paranoid. He wondered if he did anything to accept the taller skeleton, however after thinking such thoughts he shuck them off, denying his feelings by thinking 'I don't care anyway'. As Papyrus sat Red down on the couch his gaze wondered to that of a small skeleton, suddenly going from relaxed to a serious look. He breathed in calmly to relax himself, he knew anything could happen here. He finally spoke after a few seconds, "Red. I know you've only been here for a few days. And it's probably not easy adjusting to the change of living here. But I just wanted to let you know I'm here for-"

Papyrus was cut off by Red. Red was surprised with the sudden serious and apologies, and he wasn't fond of that. He liked the Papyrus that would make him laugh at terrible puns, and would tease him about even the most smallest thing. "Look, Paps" he began in a serious yet light tone "If you got something's to say then say it. I'm no good at the mushy mushy shit so get to the point." Red, although said it in such a distasteful tone, this was actually him showing concern letting him know he could tell him without worry.

Papyrus got the message, his expression softening as he took in another deep breath. "I just wanted to know. What happened in your old world, how did you get them injuries?" Papyrus layed it on softly as possible, his voice full of concern.

Red pondered for a few seconds. Telling him everything wasn't the most comfortable thing to tell, but he trusted the skeleton, even if it was only for a few days he had known him, because in those few days the two brothers showed more kindness and compassion then anybody in the old Universes did for years.

Similar to Papyrus he breathed in and rested his eyelids. His shoulders were less tense as they dropped down, he opened his eyes and looked down to the ground. "Ya see my Universe wasn't the most friendliest of places, but cha' probably knew that. Erm, ya know erm the Was with the humans n' stuff and Asriel dying was one hell of a ride. Asgore was like 'its kill or be killed' and although Toriel didn't agree she turned insane and killed just as many as him. It was a hell hole. I tried. I really tried to make sure my bro didn't ya know, end up like the rest of 'em. Obviously it didn't work, after joining the royal guard he turned into a different monster."

Red was starting to tense up, tears yet again threatened to leave. Papyrus looked worried, Red looked as if he regretted every moment of his life. Red played it off by wiping his eye sockets, he flinched at the sudden contact of Papyrus touching his shoulder, but for some reason it calmed him significantly. Papyrus gave him a reassuring nod, letting him know he can stop. Red shook his head trying to be strong, not because his brother taught him too, he wanted to be strong for himself.

"Well. He kinda started... Well at first he just tried to protect me by saying how I need to be strong, he got a bit stricter. After a while though, the loving bro I once knew disappeared into thin air, he started becoming more... Abusive. He'd hit me for the slightest thing, or even on a whim if things went wrong at work. I tried my best!" Tears were really falling, Papyrus just rubbed his back, comforting his lover- friend totally friend. "I didn't want this to happen, I wanted to be a great brother, but the world took that from me! I couldn't do anything I'm useless! I can't even raise my own brother proply. I really am stupid!" Red was now releasing tears, on tears. He had now shoved his head into Papyrus's baggy hood, which had now turned a darker shade of orange due to the fact it's drenched in tears.

Papyrus rubbed Red's skull. He now realised how afraid and kind the skeleton actually was. "It's fine. Your not useless. If anything you've definitely improved my life, your really kind ya know." The skeleton looked up at Papyrus with eyes of disbelief and happiness at the compliment.

After this he cried until he fell asleep into the larger skeletons arms, feeling his heart skip beats.

Sorry for the late update but this chapter if finally released. After this their relationship will develop more.
Once again I thank you all for the support there's been a lot lately.