Tears and Tacos

Red's rib cage had wounds like he had just fought a war, but that was nothing new from someone who came from Underfell. Permanent cracks weren't the worst; ribs were covered in bruises, and where bone marrow leaked there was a half a rib hanging. Papyrus immediately covered Blue's eyes as to not scar his innocence. "PAPY? IS SOMETHING WRONG? WHAT HAPPENED?"

Although it hurt papyrus to lie he told blue "nothin' bro. He's just... A little brocken is all." Although it was not the time for puns it calmed Blue down knowing it wasn't serious. "Go make him some tacos will ya. I'm sure he'll love them." Blue nodded and skipped to the kitchen. Papyrus looked back at the smaller skeleton, cringing like he too felt the pain of what happened to his ribs. And he knew that Blue's tacos would not help, they were still tasting bad no matter how many times Blue improved them.

Papyrus put the top back down and headed to the bathroom where he obtained a med kit, then lazily headed back down the stairs. He knelt next to the skeleton and healed him as best he could with his magic, then bandaged what he could not. The crack on his skull looked as if it had been there for a while and permanent. Papyrus got hit with the strong, intoxicating smell of tacos, about to throw up since they smelt so bad. He nudged the skeleton to wake him up, and tell him it was time to eat.

Red had opened his eyes to something familiar. In the new place he was in, it had a sense of love which had long left Sans's home. Although it was familiar, what colours were black and red were now brighter, and 'homier' mabye. Sans began turning his head to see an orange Papyrus, well a Papyrus which was wearing a baggy orange hoodie that took up a majority of any colour he had, who greeted the awakening Sans with a smirk. His face was way to close for Sans, this was the first time a monster was close without the intent to kill. so Sans brought his skull back and banged it against the what new Papyrus in front of him.

Papyrus was very surprised by the sudden contact, and thought to himself how childish the action was; a light chuckle followed the thought. "Can you get lost?" Sans asked in the most nasty tone possible. He glared then lightens up to a mischievous grin, on the only other skeleton in the room. The other was rubbing his forehead where Sans had just headbutted not long ago. Sans did admit it was childish but then again survival is everything.

"I dunno. Can I? I mean this is my house." Sans started to get mad and agitated. He had used that tone with boss not long ago, and now experienced it for himself. However he was also surprised. Surprised that The Papyrus used that type of tone. He wasn't used to this new development.

Even though Sans was surprised that didn't change how agitated he was towards the new skeleton. "What? You want me to 'Thank you for saving me'? Cause it's not happening 'bud' or Papyrus." His expression didn't change, he was a calm guy. And that just pissed Sans off more. His face became flushed out of anger and he began to look the mischievous Papyrus in the eye, trying his best to show him that Sans was the one with authority. Although that didn't work at all.

Papyrus also Bagan to fixate on the new Sans and his stare. The room was brightly lit, reflecting it's light rays on every window in the household. And while this didn't affect Papyrus, Red started Squinting from the light that had reflected off these. They were in silence for about ten minutes. And halfway through that time Papyrus left the playful look he had been giving and had replaced it with a threatening glare. Papyrus, although not worried what the skeleton would do physically, but emotionally to his younger brother. "TACOS ARE READY PAPY~ OH YOUR AWAKE! COME ON AND HAVE SOME OF MY AMAZING TACOS!" With that the energetic blue skeleton left, Papyrus leaving with him. Sans debated the options coming to mind. He could try and run, and probably (in his thoughts) would get killed, or stay with the two skeletons and replenish his up with food.

Before sitting at the table Sans decided to double check if the two brothers were planning something. He headed towards the so familiar kitchen, draws and all. The only changes were the colour scheme and the fact large knives hung from wherever. Sans began to rummage through the draws till he found the place where he kept his usual supply of mustard only to find it stored with honey and cigarettes.

After that Sans concluded their was no hidden weapons that he knew of. Although still suspicious he decided to join the two at the dining table. Sans was not use to being some comfortable in the place where he was beaten everyday. As he sat at the table the other two watched him, curious of what he had just been doing. Sans sat down at the plate with uneaten tacos. He began to sit and glare at the tacos, as if they were an enemy.

Papyrus began to grow more curious as he watched the skeleton state down the taco. Papyrus hated them. The only reason he ate the tacos was for his brother, who no one has ever said that they didn't like his tacos. However that was a lie. The tacos were disgusting, and could probably be used as a torture method if needed. Snapping out of his dangerous thoughts Papyrus focused back onto the suspicious skeleton. He thought he could light up the mood with a pun "taco your time. And don't worry there's no poison." Red had flinched. He began to hold in his urges to laugh, biting his tongue.

Red began to smell the taco. Although Papyrus thought it was so disgusting that it could kill, Sans thought differently. Sans smelt the 'goodness' of the taco and thought it was poisoned. However he started to believe the Papyrus, although he said very few words with a pun, it sounded genuine enough. So Red began to take a bite out of, what he thought, was the best thing he ever tasted. Not because of the ingredients, but because they were filled with genuine love. Something he'd never been able to experience before, he didn't even have any love to make himself a dish. So this news something so utterly new and comforting to Red.

Meanwhile Papyrus kept glancing at red, while Blue enjoyed his taco. Papyrus barely managed to eat the tacos, luckily overtime he had gotten used to the taste of tacos; is what he'd like to say. He usually got a gallon of honey on his tacos so they were edible, of course without his younger brother knowing. Papyrus hoped Red had the initiative to say he liked Blue's tacos, no matter how bad they were.

Blue and Papyrus noticed how Red was about to bite the taco. Blue worried weather he'd like it or not. The moment Red bit into the taco his sockets started to water so he turned his face so the others wouldn't notice.

Blue stood up, shocked and devastated by the reaction. "WHAT'S WRONG? ARE THE TACOS THAT BAD? YOU DONT HAVE TO CRY." Blue asked. Red didn't say anything so Papyrus sighed knowing that it was because red couldn't handle it, and blue looking sad that for the first time someone didn't like his tacos. Blue stood up and grabbed the plate, until Red grabbed the plate and pulled it back towards him.

Blue was once again shocked. He knew the tacos did taste kinda bad, but people never forced themselves to like it this much. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO PRETEND YOU-" before Blue could finish Red was stuffing down the tacos before a sigh of pleasure was released. Blue felt a surge of overwhelming joy through his spine. He knew that this skeleton actually liked his tacos, sure he didn't say they were good but Blue could tell how much the other enjoyed the 'delicacy'.

Red realised the tears he was shedding and used his sleeve to wipe his eye sockets. 'don't look weak' were the words he seemed to repeat in his head. Well. It his words but his brother's words. "I guess they weren't that bad... And I wasn't crying! I just got something in my socket..." Blue's eyes turned Into stars before pounding on Red and giving him an affectionate hug if friendship.