One More Time (Ryoma)

A Modern Setting Ryoma Reader Insert requested by Sociopathic-Llama!

I still love that username, by the way.

====================================================

The Near Constant Sounds of a Plastic Mechanical Pencil tapping against a Metal Desk echoed throughout the Master Bedroom. Sunrise Oranges and Yellows drifted through Fire-Red Curtains, casting the Gentle Colors of Warm Embers throughout the room. Light Brown Eyes gazed at the Fiery Curtains, the Colors making his eyes an Amber-Like Color. The Sounds of Plastic against Metal stopped, and Light Brown Eyes drifted away from the Window, towards a Display Stand that was at the end of a Cherry Colored Bed. The Owner of the Brown Eyes blinked a few times, simply admiring the Golden Display Stand with Jade and Coral Colored Ore decorating the Lid and Base, the only thing allowing one to see the Contents inside was a Shiny Piece of Glass that had beautiful Floral Decorations engraved into the Corners.

Ryoma let out a small sigh, placing down his pencil and pushing his Office Chair away from his desk, tugging at the Dark Red Tie around his neck that went well with his Simple White Button-Up Dress Shirt, effectively loosening the article of clothing. His eyes never left the Display Stand at the end of his bed as he stood, yanking off the tie as he walked, throwing it to somewhere in the room. Ryoma didn't entirely care at the moment. He'd pick it up later. He placed his large hands at the edges of the Display Case, staring inside for a brief moment as he frowned in thought. His Pale Fingers slid down the edge towards the front, where a Golden, Cherry Blossom-Engraved Lock sat, the light pink that made up the flowers going perfectly with the Golden Color. He kneeled down, sighing quietly as he silently admired the Fancy Padlock. Reaching inside his dress shirt, just under his collarbone, he pulled out a Small, Simple Golden Key. It was long enough to reach the lock without him having to take off the small chain, thankfully not having to go through the hassle of tugging it through his long, wild brown hair. (Seriously, can you IMAGINE how bad his Bed Head is?! Dear God, I bet that takes at LEAST an hour to tame!)

Successfully undoing the lock and letting the necklace fall back to his neck, he placed the lock on the White Carpet below him and slowly lifted the display case. He didn't open the case very far before he reached his hand inside, grabbing the White and Gold Katana inside and pulling it out, a deeper frown becoming etched onto his face as he closed the Display Case, allowing his thumb to gently glide over the Golden Decorations on the Sheath. Memories of his Father came flooding back, only causing his eyes to narrow slightly as he gazed upon the Mystical Weapon.

This was Raijinto. Or at least, that's what his Father told him. Ryoma remembered envying his Father when he was much younger because his Father owned the Blade, and Ryoma wanted nothing more than to call it his own and feel proud about it. He still remembers the day the Blade was passed on to him. The very day his Father passed away on his Death Bed from a Mysterious Illness that Doctors had no way of curing. He remembered his Father's White-Knuckle Grip on his bedsheets as he coughed violently, his eyes shut tight in pain as tears of agony flowed freely from them as he whispered his Final Words to his Heartbroken Children. It was then that Ryoma was entrusted with Raijinto, and his Younger Brother, Takumi, was entrusted with a Striking, Silver Yumi, called the Fujin Yumi, which also came from Raijinto's Time, Ryoma was told.

Ryoma remembered his Father telling him about a Great War that this blade took a heavy part in when he was Younger. He remembers the Details vividly. Two Families that were tied together by one person, effectively ending one of the most Massive Wars ever known to Mankind's History. A War filled with Battle-Ready Pegasus Knights, Pride-Filled Warriors, and Blood-Thirsty Wyvern Riders. It sounded like a tale that made Scholars shiver with excitement as they wrote down the Epic Battles, a Tale that made Children's Eyes wide with Wonder as they were told the story for probably the millionth time, but they didn't care. The Story would be amazing every time they heard it.