Run Away (Subaki)

A request for RadioactiveRebellion! Hope you guys enjoy! So sorry that it took so long!

===============================================

Every day, it was always the same thing.

Even though the both of them were comrades in both battle and in the army for Lady Corrin, she always kept her distance from him. Every time he would even enter the same room as her, she would look at him with widened eyes and red cheeks and quickly excuse herself before running off and hiding, leaving Subaki to just wonder and wonder.

What had her so... flustered?

Subaki was never able to find her after she ran off, it was almost like she completely disappeared until the early hours of the morning, back when she was needed at the camp again.

It irritated Subaki to his core. She never did this with anyone else in the camp, it was ONLY him.

And what made him even more irritated about it was the fact that the two of them used to talk all the time. They were once like two peas from the same pod, and it was rare to see them when they weren't shoulder to shoulder, behaving like two people who had known each other their whole lives would.

Subaki wondered if he had done anything to upset her, or if he accidentally treated her wrongly, which gained the now current distancing from him.

Either way, he was determined to find out what exactly was happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first attempt was a failed attempt. 

She was sitting next to Hana, helping her sharpen katana blades while Hana's husband, Hinata, stood nearby, being positively energetic while he smoothed and polished the blades after they were done being sharpened. She held a smile on her face, a bright, charming smile that Subaki rarely saw nowadays.

But as soon as Subaki and (Y/n) made eye contact...

Her eyes widened. Her cheeks turned bright red. She quickly turned away towards Hana and Hinata, saying something to them both. The two Swordmasters looked at Subaki as she spoke before looking back at her and nodding in understanding.

After that, she immediately retreated, leaving Subaki to only wonder once more.

Groaning in defeat, he simply retreated himself, wondering if he'd actually be able to get his answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second attempt was also failed.

It ended in her running off before he could even get close, and Subaki was nearly at his wit's end.

This had been going on for far too long, he NEEDED his answers. So he went off to find Hinata, the husband of her best friend, Hana. He wasn't even going to attempt talking to Hana, not with how Hana felt towards him. The woman would probably degrade him and yell at him, throwing out insults and stating random facts just to get Subaki to feel like every part of this was his fault.

And while that may be true, he just needed more reliable sources before he went and talked to Lady Sakura's other retainer.

It didn't take Subaki very long at all to find Hinata, he was at the Training Grounds, just like Subaki thought he would be. His silver katana gleamed brightly as he sliced the training dummies into pieces, not being satisfied until they were all nothing more than tiny chips of wood on the ground.