Kaleidoscope (Kaden)

A Kaden One-Shot that was requested by Kadikki89. Hope you like it, and I hope it's how you wanted it to turn out! Your request did kind of confuse me a bit... :(

Also, kinda-sorta spoilers in this one. I mean, there's a Plot Reveal for one of the Birthright Chapters in this one, so I'm just warning you ahead of time so I don't get yelled at! ^-^;

And as requested, this One-Shot will be entirely in the Reader's P.O.V.

I GOT COFFEE AND I_AM_WILDCAT. LET'S DO THIS!

=========================================

You sighed in content.

Today was a nice day.

There were absolutely no signs of storms in the skies, and you had just gotten done with a very successful training session with Ryoma, your Older Brother. You still had a few more things to do today, but you decided to talk a short walk before you got back to work. Both Kaze and Jacob had offered to relieve you of the rest of your duties, but you kindly declined them. This was War! You weren't just going to sit back and sip some tea while everyone else did the work. That just wasn't who you were.

"Arghh..."

You heard a groan from somewhere. It didn't sound like a happy groan either. It sounded distressed.

Out of pure instinct, you placed your hand on the tilt of your Divine Blade, Yato. It could've been a trap!

However, you were soon proven wrong. As soon as you turned a corner, you saw Kaden leaning against a wall and clutching his stomach, his face scrunched up in discomfort.

Kaden was always one of the sweetest members of the Army, you thought. He was a bouncy, energetic Kitsune from the Colorful Mountains of Hoshido. He didn't tell you much more than that, so you never pried, letting him have his secrets. His blonde and white fur always looked so soft to you, and his chocolate brown eyes always screamed 'Innocence' and 'Joy'. However, his looks weren't the reason you kept him around.

But, they were a nice bonus.

He was a skilled fighter, proving his worth to join your ranks back in Cyrkensia, where you met him. (I THINK that's the name of the city? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) He was helping a distraught dancer, who's Mother was ill. All she wanted to do was go and check on the wellbeing of her Mother, (again, I THINK. I haven't played Birthright in so damned long, so PLEEAASSEE correct me if I get any of this wrong!) but King Garon, the Obsidian Ruler over Nohr, wished to see her perform.

You sighed heavily and shook the thoughts of Nohr away. Thinking of your old Homeland always made your heart shatter.

You let go of your Yato, allowing the sheathed blade to fall back to your hip gently. You walked up to the blonde fox, taking in his features for a moment before you spoke up.

"Kaden? Are you alright? You seem out of sorts." You spoke with genuine curiosity and concern in your voice, tilting your head as you spoke.

Kaden quickly turned to you, his eyes slightly widened with mild surprise.

"Hrmm? Oh, it's you. Hi (Y/n)."

He didn't sound as upbeat as he usually did. That was worrying.

"What's troubling you, my friend? Are you injured? Or maybe you've caught a cold?" You gently placed the back of your hand to his forehead.

Hmm, he didn't feel overly warm.

"Huh? Oh, nah. It's nothing like that. I'm just..."

He suddenly whimpered, his ears going flat against his head while clutching his stomach.