Once Upon A December (Siegburt)

Before you read this, keep in mind that this isn't a Romantic Reader Insert. This is a Reader Insert where you are Siegburt's Mother, and this one might pull at your heartstrings slightly.

You've been warned.

===================================================

Siegburt's Breath heaved as he gripped the Silver Lance in his right hand tightly, grasping onto his now-wounded shoulder. Gritting his teeth, he bit his inner cheek as a way to ignore the pain and launched himself forward, shoving his Blood Stained Lance into the Stomach of the Beserker he was fighting, effectively ending the life of the Brute Man. His breathing quickened for only a moment as he lifted his head up and looked around him, looking at the mass number of Bandits and Dead Bodies surrounding him.

His Mother, Father, and Brother were out on the Battlefield somewhere, but Siegburt had no idea where. He was hoping they were all grouped together, keeping each other safe and alive, but he hadn't even seen traces of them for the past hour. His worry for them was beginning to consume him, and all he wanted was to find them in this Mass Group of Bandits that had ambushed them so suddenly. Unfortunately, they had each gotten separated from the other Units in the Attack, leaving Siegburt completely alone in this Hellish Battlefield. A Gasp came from him as he saw an Arrow fly past him, and he quickly turned to see an Adventurer Unit already aiming his Bow at Siegburt once again. Twirling his Lance in his Hands, he once again ignored his Wounded Shoulder and turned the Head of his Horse towards the Unit, charging with a Determined Look to Survive in his Eyes.

Once the Life of the Adventurer's had ended, Siegburt's Grip on his Reins tightened as the Scent of Blood overcame him, almost making him Physically Sick. Shaking his head, he swallowed back his sickness and forced his horse to go into a Gallop forward, running past the bodies that spread a good distance. This had to be close to the last of them, it HAD to be. No Group of Bandits was ever this Large, not any that Siegburt had seen anyways. He kept his eyes peeled for the people that were so precious to him, also known as his family, but his heart kept sinking and sinking when he saw nothing. It was then that he heard a Loud, Booming Roar that echoed from his right, and his eyes brightened with hope when he heard it. 

That Roar. It had to belong to either his Mother or his Brother, it sounded all too familiar to him.

Immediately turning to his Right, a Large Grin overcame his Features as he saw the Large Form that was his Mother in her Draconic Form, swiping her Dark Blue Claws and growling at any Enemy who dared to get too close. He still didn't see his Father or Brother, which concerned him greatly, but if his Mother was still Alive, then they had to also be alive somewhere. Deciding not to simply stand idle and observe his Mother pick off the last of the Enemies surrounding her, he commanded his horse to start running towards her, calling out to her as he made his way towards her.

"Mother!"

She turned her head and looked in Siegburt's Direction, meeting his gaze after taking the life of the last Outlaw that was hopelessly attempting to take her life. She raised her head when she realized who was approaching her with increasing speed. A Quick Light flashed from her as she transformed back into her Human Form, and she immediately began running over to Siegburt, a Look of Joy and Relief overflowing in her (E/c) Eyes. As soon as they reached each other, Siegburt quickly hopped off his Horse and Embraced his Mother, his eyes closing in happiness. "Oh Gods, Siegburt! I'm so glad you're alive! Your Father and I were so worried!" Pulling away at the Mention of his Father, he looked directly into her eyes, still gripping her shoulders somewhat tightly. "Where is Father? And Kana?" Smiling at his Concern, she turned and pointed towards a Distant Hill, and Siegburt saw the Silhouette of his Father on his Proud Stallion, and the Silhouette of his Brother right behind him, and Instant Relief overflowed his entire being. So his Family was alive after all... How Delightful.