The Wife

I had been spending my time just relaxing and figuring out what my next move would be. My sister was in town and I was showing her around. Trey hadn't spoken to me in over a month and the gender reveal party was coming up. While I didn't want him actually showing up I didn't want him to feel alienated and just sent out an invitation as a cordiality. The day before the party I was kind of nervous because Diamond was supposed to be hosting the party and she had been in like this newlyweds bliss. I still couldn't believe she has randomly gotten married and that she invited me to the ceremony. I had received the call thinking that it was some type of prank or something but when it was actually happening I nearly cried. The party was supposed to happen at 4:30 and I was on edge the whole morning.

Sister, "Toya you need to calm down and let me finish your hair. I need to just finish this track and curl your hair. You don't want to be late to the party"

"I know but I'm just nervous. I mean can you believe how all of this is going down. I mean Diamond out of all people is throwing me a gender reveal party and the man who is supposed to be looking out for me is nowhere to be found"

Sister, "did you invite him to the party?"

"Yeah but I highly doubt he's going to come and I honestly don't even think I would want to see him there. This pregnancy has been like 300% more stressful than it needed to be because of him and he's been playing all these games with me"

Sister, "so what's the plan when's the baby comes? Are you going to stay out here and raise the baby by yourself or what?"

"I have no idea. I was going to stay out here when I thought I would have some type of support but that's not gonna happen. If you and Chris are going to be back in Virginia then I might just come and stay with you guys or stay in the area, because I know I can't be doing this alone. At least not out here"

Sister, " and you know you're always welcome to come back home and stay with me and Chris. We have space in the house and I know all the drama trey has put you in but recognize he has a right to see the child. I don't know what's going on with him but you saw something in him and got married to him. I'm convinced you have some type of way to get to him. You shouldn't have to do everything on your own, especially when it takes two people to make a baby but if that's what you have to do then we will be there to help"

"I know it's not ideal but I can't spend my days constantly trying to understand his moves and decipher what side of the bed he's going to wake up on. He treats me like I'm some type of second class citizen and not his wife. If he doesn't want to be involved in the pregnancy then okay, but he can't just pop up and expect to be in the child's life. I have receipts now and I can make sure he never sees this baby so whatever"

Sister, "oh Toya I don't want to see any of this extra stuff happen. I just want you and the baby to be happy and loved. I hope you two can work something out"

"Well see. Let's just focus on the party and stay positive"

By the time we left my house it was already minutes to 4 but it took some time to get ready. Diamonds house was all decked out in decorations and I was surprised by how big the crowd was. I hadn't really kept up with all my friends since the difficulties in the pregnancy but I wanted to have a good time. Before the cake was cut I just had a feeling that something was going to happen and not even five minutes later in walks Trey. Diamond didn't look to pleased to see him but she knew that I had informed him about the party and told him that he had the option to come or not.

The kids ran over to him and he played good dad with them before walking over to Diamond and giving her an awkward hug. She was not having his shit and talked to him before walking off and he waved my way but that was it. When the cake was brought out he came over for the photos and cut the cake open. When I saw the blue cake I was honestly a bit sad. In the back of my head I'm thinking how in the world am I supposed to raise this boy on my own. I don't know how to turn a boy into a man but I'll sure as hell try my hardest. I'm also thinking what am I going to tell him when he starts asking about his dad and how come he's hardly ever around. I wouldn't have any answers and that kind of killed me because I knew how important a father-son relationship was. Trey looked happy about the results and took some pictures with a couple of people before heading to his section.

I didn't want to address anything with Trey at the party but Diamond was ready to clear her mind and she went over to his section to speak her kind. I figured she must have brought me up because one of Treys bodyguards came over and asked me if I would accompany him to the section. I didn't understand why this man had to be so extra for no reason. When I came over the whole section was cleared out except for me and Diamond and Trey.

Diamond, "Trey what the hell is going on with you? How could you come here and act like everything is all peaches and flowers"

Trey, "look I didn't come to deal with your stupid bullshit. You honestly have no reason to be all up in my business. I mean last time I checked you were the one on my ass about how much you hated Toya because she stole your spot and ruined the family. I mean if out of anyone you had problems with someone it would be with her not me"

Diamond, "oh come on Trey. Can you not play the victim for once. You're doing the same sideways shit you did with me to Toya and I'm exhausted. I can't have you acting all crazy on me and saying all this sideways shit to both of us. We both deserve more respect than that"

Trey, "listen I'm here for my kids. You talk all this high mighty shit but don't seem to have a problem taking my monthly child support for all these ladies and moves and what not and I don't say anything. You should be happy I'm not treating you the way you treat me"

Diamond, "and how is that trey? Because it feels like you've been treating us like how you believe we are"