The Baby Momma

Me, “Kai are you on your way yet? I have to go and meet Trey again”

Kai, “Diamond you need to stop. I thought that you had a man already. Why are you meeting up with him”

Me, “We have to talk about the kids and he actually wants to talk to me about something important. Plus I already told Caleb that I was going to meet up with Trey. He understands and is cool with it”

Kai, “It’s like you two have dinner once a week. Doesn’t he have a wife or something”

Me, “Girl don’t even start with him and the other ladies in his life”

Kai, “What happened? What other ladies?”

Me, “Well I was out at dinner with Caleb and then in comes Trey and some girl that I’ve seen all over the Internet. She’s a video model and I know that she’s been seeing Trey for a minute but I also saw his wife with someone else at the same place. It was crazy but no one bumped into each other”

Kai, “Girl you can’t be serious. what was going on?”

Me, “I  have no idea but he told me that his girl is having a kid but from the way he was explaining it I don’t think that this kid is his”

Kai, “So what is he going to do?”

Me. “I told him to go ahead and get a paternity test as soon as possible. I don’t care who that girl claims she is. I can tell a trickster when I first see them and there’s definitely something fishy with her”

Kai, “And here I was thinking that you were moving on from Trey and thinking about a new future”

Me, “Please girl Trey can have that crazy chick. I just need to make sure that my kids are okay and that they feel comfortable. I got me a man that’s going to do me good”

Kai, “Okay so what’s the next step. Like you have dinners but I need to see some more action”

Me, “Listen I have four kids to take care of. I’m not running into anything to fast”

Kai, “Listen I just want to see you and Caleb take the next step. I think that I would make a perfect made of honor”

Me, “Please baby girl you need to calm down. We’ve been dating for less than 6 months. I’m going to need at least a year or two”

Kai, “Neither of you are getting any younger and he’s amazing with your kids. You need to go ahead and start making some plans”

Me, “Can you just come here. I don’t want to keep Trey waiting. He has some business meeting later on”

Kai, “Sure. tell that fool I say hi”

—————————

At the restaurant

Me, “Trey it’s nice to see you, so what did you want to speak to me about?”

Trey, “Well i just wanted to check up on you. I know that things haven’t always been good with us and I wanted to make sure that we just started fresh”

Me, “Okay, so what’s this meeting about today?”

Trey, “So how’s life treating you? Are you dating anyone?”

Me, “You know damn well that I’m dating someone. Matter of factly i think that’s why you called me out here tonight”

Trey, “So am I not allowed to hang out with a female friend?”

Me, “Since when did we become friends. Like two months ago you didn’t want anything to do with me and I was just the crazy baby momma”

Trey, “I was wrong for that and we are both mature enough to move on. I think that we are great people that have a long and complicated past. Are you willing to move on from that and think about the great future that we could have”