The Baby Momma

Present day

"Nia, Kaiyah, Andrew and Julian come on,  I have to take you to your dad's house.  I need you guys to get down here now. The traffic is going to be a nightmare"

Andrew,  "mommy I don't want to go.  There is never anything to do there"

Me, "listen if you don't want to go then you need to call your dad and tell him but I think that it would make him feel sad.  daddy is  very busy and he doesn't a always get to see you guys"

Nia, "but mommy we don't get to spend any time with daddy.  hes always away and mommy Toya is annoying.  All she ever wants to do is sleep"

Me,  "well momy has to go and see her parents this weekend so you're going to have to go and stay with daddy.  Maybe he can spend some extra time with you guys.  I can try and speak to him"

After doing the kids at their cars his I couldn't believe the crazy things that was going on. I had never heard the kids complain about going to they'd dad's house and I wouldn't want them to be uncomfortable.  Trey had always been devoted to the kids but this new chick was changing him. I knew that I would have to talk to him about it but I would need to get some advice from more  experienced people in the field.  My mom had been there for my since I first started to hang out with Trey and she helped me when there was nothing going b on.  I guess Trey must have realized how much of an important person she was cause he bought her a house once he got some extra money. Every time that I would visit her it made me laugh because the transition was amazing.

Mommy, "Diamond what's going on now? I can see it in your face"

Me. "Well I just dropped the kids off and they were begging me not to take them, I've never had the kids beg me not to take them to their dads house"

Mommy. "Did they say why?"

Me. "Well they just said that it had to do with daddy never being there and I get that she-devil is all over the place with them. I've warned him about her and my kids. I don't like them mixing at all"

Mommy, "Well you should definitely talk to Trey about that, he's a good father and those kids have never played around with not going to his house. There must be something more to that"

Me. "Mommy I have no idea, but I trust my kids. I know that he doesn't like when I call him about his new companion but there is no way in the world that I'm going to let some random lady ruin my kids time with their dad"

Mommy, "Yeah, but how is life with you? Are there any new men in your life?"

Me, "Mommy we talk every day and you ask me the same question and my answer is always the same. No man is chasing after a woman that has 4 kids, plus I just don't feel ready"

Mommy. "Well listen up you can say all you want but I've set you up on a blind-date with my neighbor Caleb. he's a sweet guy and he's asked about you a couple times, I think that you would have a good time with him"

Me, "Mommy are you serioius? You can't just force a date on me, that's crazy"

Mommy, "baby girl you aren't getting any younger. i don't understand why you spend so much time hoping that Trey will come back when we all know that it's never going to happen; you need to open your life up to some new people"

Me, "Well seeing as how you really left me with no choice I'm going to have to go on this date with Caleb but no more blind dates, I really don't like those"

Mommy. "okay, but caleb is honestly a truly sweet dude and he's not like anyone that you've ever met before"

Me, "So when is the date?"

Mommy. "He siad that he would come over around 7, so go get yourself all pampered and I'll see you back here around 6:45"

WIth those words I was out of her house and on my way to the hair salon. I needed to get my hair washed, trimmed and possibly dyed. I was thinking of doing a blue ombre just to switch it up and it made me feel more rebellious.  I really hadn't been on an official date since Trey and I had our last kid so it was more than deserved. I was honestly a  bit nervous as the time started to escape me but my mind kept on going to what the night could lead to. I wasn't exactly looking for a one-night stand but it wouldn't be a problem ifit happened. When I came back to my mom's place I wasn't sure what to expect but she seemed more nervous about the night than me. When the bell actually rung I ran to it hoping that this dude looked somewhat decent. As soon as I opened the door I started to smell Prada cologne and standing in my door-way was a beast. Caleb was a Spaniard, who was about 6'5 and a body of pure muscle. He had these hazel eyes and this slight scar on the left side of his face from youth. His pearly white teeth, went great along his high cheeck-bones and pulled back hair into a bun. He seemed a bit surprised when he saw me and I was shocked at how attracted I was to him.

He talked with my mom for a bit before we went out to eat at this local Amernian place that he liked. The night was filled with me talking about my past and learnign more about Caleb. He was the youngest out of 5 children and his family lived in the middle of Madrid but had just moved to Buenos Aires for a break. I don't know what it was about him but he made me feel so giddy and feminine. I think that one thing that attracted me was that he was willing to break down common borders and he wanted to push people to their limits. At first some of the questions that he asked me was a bit intimidating but then he started to explain why he was so detailed. I also learned that he was an investor and had some ownerships at a bunch of my favorite Cuban restauraunts. After dinner we went to get some drinks at this new club and I ended up spending the night dancing with him.