The Side Chick

Adrian decided to spend a month in Miami and for some reason it was the most stressful but fun month in my life. We were taking things slowly and I was on a path of celibacy. We had three dates a week and then did something fun for the weekend and he trained and I worked. We didn't do any social media and I was happy that we could just have time for ourself. Life could be so crazy but we understood it was some things you need to sacrifice in order to reach your end goal.

The first major event we went to was the all white Party diddy was having at his house in Miami and I was a bit nervous. When we pulled up Adrian led the way and we mingled with a couple people. I saw a couple friends from back in the day and we chatted but the whole scene wasn't for me. We left kind of early and ended up going back to my place. Adrian hadn't been allowed to spend the night at my place but I asked him too anyway. He didn't jump at the opportunity and told me that it would be good for me to reflect and have a good night.

After he left I surfed tv and ended up falling asleep. The next morning I was up at 5 am for my daily run with Adrian and then food time. My business was doing great and the shop was opening up a second location so that was a big step.

Adrian, "look I have this reporter who wants to do a profile on me and I was wondering how you felt about it?"

"What reporter?"

Adrian, "it's a friend from Variety. It's like this kind of inside piece and if I did it they might bring some cameras around and ask personal questions?"

"Why are you doing this?"

Adrian, "I owe a friend a favor and I know this will help him out. Plus I know he's a good writer and it won't be some stupid Hollywood bullshit"

"Okay. I guess I mean if you're comfortable with it and you can trust this dude then it's fine with me. Are they going to be asking me anything?"

Adrian, "I can tell them not to. You don't even have to be there but they'll probably ask if I've been seeing anyone and I'm not going to hide about the fact that we are together"

"No and you shouldn't have to hide anything. We're together and people know. I was just wondering because I don't want to have to defend my personal life and mistakes I've made in the past. I'm just looking for a clean  slate, you know?"

Adrian, "of course and my friend isn't like that. If anything he'll ask about how we met and stuff like that"

"So when are they coming?"

Adrian, "I was thinking maybe like next week. I have some promotional events to do in Vegas and you got the house all styled up nice out there.  I think it would look good on the cameras and maybe photographed or something. What do you think?"

"You never changed the decorations after I left?"

Adrian, "no. I was waiting on you to come back to make the new ambiance. You know I know nothing about design. I pick out practical for me but you have a certain niche for design"

"Thank you babe. You know I love decorating that house. It was so much fun. So when do you want to head out there?"

Adrian, "I was thinking maybe Friday. I'm taking an early flight out. You're welcome to come along if you want?"

"Are you sure? That's a long flight and I don't want people to get the wrong idea"

Adrian, "we can go private if you want. Head out early and I'll bring Jazz along so you don't feel to pressured"

"Pressured. Please. I can handle myself"

Adrian, "yeah whatever"

Later that week as I was getting ready to head it to Vegas I was honestly starting to get a little nervous. Adrian hadn't brought up the interview again and I didn't want him to think I was stressed but as I was doing some daily journaling I found myself stressing over the possible questions. Finally the night before the flight I had to call Adrian and he came right over.