The Side Chick

The next morning I woke up to like 30 messages. I was still a little hung over from my night out with the girls but apparently Trey was in the mood to talk to me again. I called him back first because he was the one that had called me like 30 times.

Me, “So how’s life treating you? I was told by a little birdie that you are having a kid? Congrats. I guess”

Trey, “Hey Aaliyah. I know that I’ve been shaky for the past few days but I had some things that I had to work on”

Me, "That’s cool. I was just worried that you would never get back to me. I mean I was calling you for days and nothing, is that how you treat a friend”

Trey, “No but listen up. I’m going to have breakfast at this new cafe and I want you to come by. Do you need me to pick you up?”

Me, “So now we are doing breakfast dates? What’s really going on?”

Trey, “It’s a surprise so are you in or not?”

Me, “Yeah, why don’t you come and pick me up. We can have some fun”

Trey, “Okay. I’ma be over there in like 30 minutes so don’t have me waiting”

After I got off of the phone I still couldn’t believe that Trey wanted to hang with me in broad daylight. Recently things had been going over my head with him and I wasn’t thinking rationally. Not many people knew that I was hanging with him and it felt like he was trying to make a message. I knew for sure that he had a wife so it didn’t make any sense as to why he was going out of his way to make sure that she knew about us. When I finished getting ready I walked out of my door and once again there was Drake. I was starting to think that maybe this dude was following me or something.

Me, “Well hello Aubrey, how are you doing?”

Drake, “I’m fine. Where are you heading to so early in the morning?”

Me, “Well most people like to eat in the morning and I do have people that want to see me”

Drake. “Wow Trey must be getting bold with you now. This is the second time in the past week that he’s taken you out in the day for people to see. I guess that marriage must be over”

Me, “May I ask why you are all in my business? I mean come on, don’t you have better things to do. I mean last time I checked you were a rapper, who had some type of life”

Drake, “Damn why you gotta be so harsh? I thought that we were goin to be friends or something”

Me, “Can we talk about this another time. I actually have somewhere to be right now”

Drake, “I thought that you were leaving tonight? Don’t you have to work?”

Me, “Why should I work when I know that you are going to send me some money. I know how things go and you have some type of interest in me”

Drake, “Now who said anything about money? I just thought that we could be friends”

Me, “Aubrey i was playing, you can never take jokes anymore. I see that the fame has gone to your head”

Drake, “Haha so funny. Listen I have a studio session tonight. why don’t you drop bye with your girls. We can have some fun together”

Me, “What about your girl? Is she going to be down with me hanging with you? I don’t want to pressure your important relationship”

Drake, “Don’t act like you don’t like hanging with me. We had some great times together”

Me, “Yeah. I’ll think about it. I have to see what my schedule is looking like”

Drake, “Okay, well you have my number”

Me, “Yeah, I think so”

With that I walked out of the hotel and into the black Cadillac that I knew belonged to Trey. He was sitting in the back seat and I gave him a quick hug and kiss. He looked at me smiled and then we made our way to the cafe. When we walked in I saw him look around the place, eye someone and then walk over. We ended up sitting in this back booth and I was very confused because sitting right across me was the crazy baby momma. I didn’t want to loose my cool but I wasn’t in the mood to be cursed out by anyone.

Trey, “Well Aaliyah, you probably know who this is, but this is Diamond. The mother of my children”

Me, “Hi, it’s nice to meet you”

Trey, “And Diamond I know that you definitely know who this is, but this is a close friend Aaliyah”

Me, “Oh, so now I’m just a close friend. That’s great to know”

Diamond, “Listen Trey I’m not the one that you have to sugar coat everything to. I know that she’s your side-chick. You can keep the lies for the wifey”

Trey, “Hey come on, we agreed to be nice”

Me, “So what exactly is going on here? I’m just a bit confused as to why we are here meeting”

Diamond, “I just asked Trey if I could meet with you. I know that he spends a lot of time  with you and I just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t anything crazy going on”

Me, “Okay, so what do you want to know?”

Diamond, “Listen I’m not here to attack you. I’m really a cool person when people don’t cross me but I was just interested in seeing what Trey does”

Me, “I wouldn’t know what he’s into. Since I came to LA a couple days ago he’s been acting like some brand new n*gga. Even though he’s flaunting me around town like I’m the sh*t. I can’t be sure about what’s going on”

Trey, “What are you talking about?”

Me, “I’ve known you for about 3 years now and we have been together for almost a year and now I’m just randomly meeting your baby mother. Like you are having a kid and you are telling me that everyone is going to be buddy buddy”

Diamond, “Trey when are you going to speak to that whore of a wife of yours. You need to get a DNA sample on that baby, because I am telling you that it isn’t yours”

Me, “Trey what are you expecting out of this meet and greet. Honestly this is probably the strangest thing that I have ever encountered and I don’t know what to think anymore”

Trey, “Listen you two are really important to me and I understand that I mean two different things to you. Right now I am dealing with a lot at home and I just want to make sure that I got some people that are on my side”

Me, “I can be on your side but I think that everyone at this table knows there place. I can be your side chick but I know that you are never going to make me more than that and I have grown to accept that. I am fine with you just flying me out and f*cking here and there but this isn’t right. This is just sloppy play right here”

Diamond, “At least the side chick knows her place and accepts it. that’s more than I can say for myself”

Trey, “Okay, Diamond you are the one that wanted to meet her. I don’t understand why I have to be thrown under the bus for this”

Me, “Because you actually thought that this was a good idea. I don’t have any problems with Diamond, although I would wish that she would stop going crazy on my Twitter and Instagram page”

Diamond, “Okay I do want to apologize about that because it was childish and not cool on my part. You are a career woman and I can’t hate on that. You can continue to do you but I just ask that you watch out for Trey. He has a little devil ass wife that thinks she can do whatever she wants and that’s not how things work in my palace”

Trey, “Okay, well this was nice. I’m sure that we should probably never do this again but it was good that it happened”

Me, “Okay, listen I need to talk to you Trey about your life. Because I can take a lot but you really played me with this kid and all”

Diamond, “Okay, so Trey come by today around 4 and we can talk some more about what you said earlier. Aaliyah it was nice meeting you, I hope that you have a good day”