Chapter 5.

Noel’s POV.

So nostalgic, I sighed as I walked on the cold streets, dressed up like some rich boy. It felt like I was wandering around my own home with shoes, like I was a guest star in my own show. I could see so many familiar faces, mainly prostitutes I knew and spend time with. For instance, this one over there, by the street lamp; that blonde chick with the short, red cocktail dress, the painfully-high heels and the frostbites on her cheeks was Melinda. She’s a nice girl, really. We had fun together once in the love hotel. That day was pretty cold and there weren’t many ‘customers’, so we decided to head back home and warm ourselves together in the bathtub.

I smiled at her warmly, but received no attention. I guess she didn’t notice me. And to be honest, if she sees me that well-dressed and healthy all of a sudden, she would probably hate me a little. I mean, who wouldn’t? We all have that hate towards rich people. We all think they earned their money through some other way than ours; possibly stealing and playing dirty, rather than working hard. And perhaps we’re right.

Suddenly, an idea emerged in my mind. I slightly smirked and walked towards Mel and another girl next to her; a hot redhead which I vaguely remembered. They didn’t even pay attention to me, but I made sure to remind them of my presence with a simple throat-clearing.

“I’d like to buy.” I simply said, and Mel looked at me, not recognizing my face in the dark. Great, that was meant to happen.

“Look, kid, just go to your mom and suck on your popsicle or something ..” She mumbled, averting her gaze with a cigarette in her hand. Rude, I mused. Didn’t remember them as that nasty, and we met a few weeks ago.

“I’d like to suck on something else, thank you very much, lady.”

“Listen, I do-.. Noel? YOU SON OF A B*TCH!” She smacked me and I felt the stinging in my cheeks, as well as my lips curl into a smile. I couldn’t help but laugh at her annoyance, and to my relief, she joined me.

“W-where the f*ck have you been, what happened to you?! You look like a ghetto rapper or something!”

“I take it as a compliment, baby.” I winked at Mel and she slapped me again, this time – on the other cheek. Well, at least they were flushed from both sides now.

“Look at you, you’re .. brand new.”

“Yeah, you didn’t even notice me.” I noted.

“Shut up, how can I notice someone like that? You look like Barack Obama’s adopted kid.”

“He doesn’t really have an adopted kid..” the redhead chick muttered next to Mel, but she quickly ignored her and hugged me gently, smelling slightly of sperm. Ah, the nostalgia.

“B*tch, you smell like d**ks. You need a shower.”

“And you smell like a baby girl after her first bath.”

“I’m a boy, if you haven’t noticed.”

“You’re gay!”

OUCH. That’s not true and all the prostitutes knew it. I was bis*xual. Aiden was the gay guy in the relationship. The homos*xual relationship. My homos*xual relationship. N-Nevermind.

“Spread your legs and I’ll show you how gay I am.” I smirked, winking at my friend. There wasn’t really anything between us, but we like joking around like that.

“Not for free, baby. We’re friends and I can make a discount, but you know it ain’t easy, life is tough.”

“I know. Which is why I offer you money, in exchange for … a soul.”