Chapter 11.

5 days before kidnap …

Aiden’s POV

“I’m … sorry, Aiden …” Noel muttered under his breath. I could barely hear him, and to be honest, his apology didn’t really matter to me right now. I wanted to hear something else, and the constant ‘I’m sorry’ wasn’t it.

I sighed, my head lowered and my hands massaging either side of my temples. I was unable to go to work now, because since that day, there have been reporters around my house 24/7. They even had dinner in my yard, and the police wasn’t helping much either, since they just managed to chase them away for a couple of hours.

“It’s fine, don’t worry.” I replied with a voice, lower than usual. There was no point in asking him who that guy was and what was going to get ruined.

I spoke to Cassie the other day. Asked her what she knew about this. She said she always thought Noel was up to something and that she didn’t like his attitude, but she didn’t have the ‘evidence’ of proving her suspicion. I still don’t understand what’s going on, and I refuse to accept that Noel is cheating on me. I know I’m not the best man out there, but I thought I meant something to him … Just something. Not everything, not even half of it, but something.

“I-I can get you-..”

“Please, Noel, leave me alone, my head hurts.” I hissed, although I didn’t want to be harsh on him. I just felt so betrayed right now, and I couldn’t help but feel mad at him for not telling me the whole story. What was so important that he wanted to hide?!

I thought we were a couple. Yes, I started all of this myself, I never asked him if he loved me, but you can’t possibly be serious if you want to tell me he never felt s**t towards me. I just f**king refuse to believe.

“I’m..”

“NOEL, GET THE F**K OUT OF HERE!”

I gasped. Oh god, no. I just didn’t do that. It wasn’t me. Noel …

As I raised my head to look at him, I saw two beautiful, watery grey eyes shimmering with tears. I’m a monster …

“N-Noel, I didn’t mean to-…”

Before I could even finish my sentence, Noel quickly left the room and slammed the door behind him, leaving me with the memory of his pained expression and wet cheeks.

I clenched my teeth and quickly hit a cupboard with my leg, hissing in pain a moment after. What did the cupboard do to me anyway … ?

Noel’s POV

I heard him hit something, possibly throwing a book towards the door I just slammed, and closed my eyes, quickly going downstairs. I was going to kill that b**ch now. How dare she ruin my relationship, how dare she not cover me, how dare she hurt Aiden with her stupid ‘Follow-the-plan’ piece of s**t.

I will slaughter her.

Then again, maybe it was my fault for listening to her. Maybe it was my fault for not listening to Aiden instead, when he had told me not to leave the house at night. I shouldn’t have messed with his business. So what if his manager’s evil? I don’t see how that concerns me. Is he coming home every night? He is. Is he being fateful to me? He is. Is he earning money as usual? He is.

Then what the f**k was my problem?!

I found her in the kitchen, preparing some sort of a cake. She was evenly spreading the banana cream on the layers with a dull knife, and I felt a strong need to take that knife and stab her continuously until her wound is as big as her dirty mouth.