Chapter 18.

Warning: Pretty intense 8HIT in this chapter. 
_______________________________________

Noel’s POV

“A-are you alright?” I heard a whimpering voice above me and slowly opened my eyes. My head was heavy, my body hurt, my tongue was numb and I was drugged again, for the thousandth time this week. Ever since I got here, I’ve been high on r*h*pnol and I barely remembered where I was or where I was going. In fact, I didn’t recognize the people I was locked here with. I’m pretty sure they’ve said their names countless times, but I had a hard time remembering mine, not to mention theirs …

“What did I do this time …?” I sighed and slowly got up from the cold ground, hissing at the sudden strong jolt of pain in my head. It was a never-ending cycle of constant migraine, dizziness and loss of memories. I wasn’t even scared anymore … What was there to be scared of? I barely remembered anything of the pain they kept causing me, and all the evidence I got for it was on my body – the wounds and the traces of beating and r*pe. I couldn’t trust my memory, so I often looked into my reflection on a glossy metal or a piece of glass to see what changed while I was unconscious.

“You went on a rampage – bit one of the guys on the neck, kicked his nuts and tried to escape. The guy tied you up, beat you and r*ped you a few times on a roll …”

“F***er. Good thing his d**k was small – I don’t feel s**t.”

The boy next to me laughed and shook his head. My vision was as hazy as possible, and I could barely tell if the kid was a guy or a girl, but judging from the voice, it was a male individual. Or a female on steroids, which was highly unlikely.

“I think you should stop, Noel …” The boy tapped my shoulder, and I tried to push his hand away. Of course, when I did it, his hand was no longer there – my reality was so slow and my reactions – slurred that I couldn’t keep up with a hand.

“No one is coming. We’re all going to be sold and we’re all going to die in the end. There’s no point in fighting it … Just save your strength for another time—“

“What was your name again?” I asked, feeling my blood boil with anger. I constantly felt this déjà vu, probably because this whole scenario has been happening these couple of weeks every single day – me being all rebellious and the guards raping me until I faint – but that didn’t stop me from doing it again. I don’t care if I was wasting my strength, I was going to keep believing until the end.

“P-People call me Jay.” The boy quietly replied. He was a blue-eyed brunette, obviously younger than me. No wonder, everyone in the vortex of puberty gets all gloomy for a certain period of time.

“What’s your real name?”

“Promise you won’t laugh.” He begged.

“What? Dude, I just want to say what I want to say, and address it to you. I don’t give a f—“

“Angel.”

“Your name is angel?!” I gasped.

“Y-Yes, now don’t laugh! My mothers had weird ideas for my name, but I really loved them, and they loved me, too … I miss them …” Jay sighed and looked at the ground. Such a hopeless sight did not look appealing for me.  

“Okay … look, Angel, we are going to die anyway. You know, people don’t live forever. We’ll age, or get sick, or get murdered and die. It’s all the same. Now, on the other hand, how you die is up to you. If you intend to commit suicide after you get sold to some motherf***er, that’s fine by me. But I am NOT going to die this way. I have a … person I really love, waiting for me at home, and I have to get to him before it’s too late. I ignored him this whole time, while he showered me with money, love and sex, and now it’s my turn. I still don’t know what love is, but I do know I miss him crazy … and I’ll do everything to return to him. I don’t give a f**k what it’ll take, I WILL get out of here and—“ I suddenly stopped and looked around. Wait, were we moving?