Chapter 20.

Noel’s POV.

Excuse me?

I was looking at him with bewilderment, unsure if he was still joking or actually serious. So all these questions were … because he really did cheat on me? When?!

“Let me get this straight, Croft.” I hissed, and saw the hair on Aiden’s arms stand. He was obviously terrified from me, and you know what? He should be.

“You asked me all of these questions just to inspect whether I was ready to accept your little love affair or not? Is that how it is?”

“I-I don’t –“

“Yes or no, Croft.” I didn’t have time for this bull8hit. I thought he was just being curious, I thought he was testing my love for him. But this … this is not just a test.

This is a tournament, and I was about to fight my own pride and heart to the death. It was more than obvious who was going to win here. I mean, I am sorry, but when he asked me all of these f***ed up questions, I answered theoretically. I never expected him to bring me his new boyfriend.

Aiden sighed, gulping quietly.

“Yes.”

“Great.” I took a big bite from my dark chocolate and embraced the bitterness with pleasure. My answer was sarcastic, of course, and I wasn’t done with my part of this interrogation. I don’t know what was I thinking when I answered his questions before. It seems like this chocolate has made me too kind.

Aiden timidly tried to sit on a chair, thinking I wouldn’t notice him.

“I didn’t tell you to sit.”

“S-sorry.” The blonde quickly stood up and smiled at me. I didn’t reflect that guilty gesture. I peeled off the rest of the folio around my chocolate and licked my lower lip, watching Aiden fidget, and I felt slightly satisfied for making him feel that way.

He should know his place in this relationship – next to me, and no one else.

“So, who is that guy? How old is he? When did you meet him? Was it before I got kidnapped, or after? What, I leave you alone for two weeks and you cheat on me already?!”

“I-I didn’t—“

“Silence.” I took yet another big bite from my chocolate and grimaced at the great bitterness, enjoying it a moment after. I enjoyed the gross taste of it right now – I needed something to compliment my mood.

Aiden’s words were cut off from my command, and he did no effort to speak. Good.

“So that’s how it is? I go to save your sorry ass from that stupid manager of yours, and you accuse me of cheating on you, but when YOU cheat on me, I’m expected to accept both that fact and your new boyfriend?”

He was too scared to speak, but when I ‘kindly’ asked him with my eyes, he was quick to open his lips and talk.

“I-I don’t understand, my manager is not stupid …”

“Oh, cut the crap, will you? This whole ordeal was because Cassie wanted me to save you from your boss.”

“What’s … wrong with my boss?”

“Well, for starters, he was supposedly forcing you to lick your fans’ asses and undress before them.”

Aiden gave me the weirdest look I’ve ever seen. He was raising both his eyebrows now, confused and surprised. He was looking at me as if I was a magical rhino-fairy, and was wondering how the fuck a magical rhino-fairy flies with weight that heavy.