Chapter Four

The robotic man took the young child to their house, using their confusing and almost stressful directions to get there. They had to backtrack six times, almost seven. Google was keeping track. He wasn't too sure as to why he was helping this child, but helping them he was. Perhaps it was the update. They messed with his programming, changed things around. He set himself a reminder to try to change everything back once he returned home. They slowly started moving towards the bad end of town, with low income homes, smashed glass, garbage, and the occasional hypodermic needles scattered around in yards, the street, and sidewalk. He took to carrying (Y/N) on his shoulders.
   "Is this really it, (Y/N)?" He asked, staring at the decrepit apartment complex before him. Was this really what this child was used to?
   (Y/N) nodded, smiling brightly. "Yep. That's where I live. C'mon! Mommy and Daddy must be so worried!"
   Google scanned the parking lot, noticing that a few parking spots were empty. Numbers 8, 13, and 23. He kept those numbers in mind. "Alright," he said slowly. "Which apartment number do you live in?"
   They wrinkled there nose, but pointed upstairs. He sighed, then went up, following their instructions slowly. They became frigidity, and impatient at his pace, twirling a lock of his hair with one hand, and instructing with the other. His chest felt increasingly heavy as they made their way towards 23. He stopped in front of the door, and hesitated. Raising his hand, he knocked on the door. They stood for a minute, before (Y/N) leaned down, holding onto Google's neck, ringing the door bell.
   No one answered.
   Google shifted. "Perhaps we should come back at a later time, (Y/N)?"
   They shook their head. "There's a key under the mat."
   He looked down, then crouched to lift up the corner of the welcome mat before the door. He grimaced upon seeing the key. After picking it up, and standing, he put it in the lock, twisted, then stepped in. 
   The house looked like it had been ransacked, and Google had a feeling that was what actually happened, based on how tense (Y/N) suddenly got. He glanced up at them. "Are you alright?"
   They chewed their lip, swinging their head around to search the living room. "Where...? Where's Mommy and Daddy...?"
   Google sighed softly, then started to leave. "They're not here, (Y/N)," he murmured, shutting the front door behind him. "They left you alone."
   "But-!"
   He shook his head. "They. Left. You. They didn't have money to keep you, so they dumped you where it was convenient, then took off. You didn't matter to them, (Y/N). You never did."
   (Y/N) fell silent, staring down at Google. Was... Was he right? Did they really leave me here...? Alone? Abandoned? Unwanted...? Tears pricked the corners of (Y/N)'s eyes, and they gripped Google's hair, trying to swallow the tears back. "No," they whispered hoarsely. "Y-you're lying...! Stop lying to me, Google!"
   Google merely continued walking, heading back home.
   Squeaks and sobs escaped (Y/N)'s throat, and they moved their hands to cover their mouth, eyes squeezed shut, and shoulders shaking in agony. People that passed by, either in cars, or walking, stared at the strange man and the little crying child on his shoulders, but didn't stop them, or question them. They merely continued on. They passed into the nicer neighborhoods quickly, Google walking fast to get out of the creepy area. He didn't quite like the feeling in his chest that formed when (Y/N) started to cry. It... was a dull pain, something he wasn't used to. It caused him to glower, but want to comfort them.
   Google's home soon came into view, and he sighed, relieved. He just wanted to sit down, and work on reversing some of those affects of the update. He opened the front door, shut, then locked it, setting (Y/N) down. He stared down at them, watching with unknowing panic as they continued to cry, wiping tears and snot off their face with the back of their hand. He held in a small groan, took their hand, and led them to the bathroom. He set them on the counter, and tugged their hands under the sink. He let the water run, checking it to make sure it was comfortable, then grabbed a tissue. He wiped their nose, and eyes, grumbling under his breath.
   (Y/N) sniffed, looking past Google's shoulder into the hall. "G-Google...?"
   He hummed a response, still frowning.
   They pulled their hands away from the water, and grabbed the hand towel, their gaze never leaving the hallway. "Wh-who's that man with the yellow e-eyes...?"
   Google stiffened, then straightened. He glanced down at (Y/N), who glanced up at him. With an irritated sigh, he slowly turned, putting a forced smile onto his face. "Hello, Bing."
   The man-Bing-smiled back, raising an amused brow. "My, my, Google," he nodded to (Y/N). "A child? How unusual of you."
   Google was silent, and forced the snarl that threatened to spread out on his lips away.
   "Did you take it?" Bing stepped forward, and reached a gloved hand out.
   Google smacked it away. "No," he growled. "Parent's left it."
   (Y/N) looked up at Google, hurt filling their eyes.
   Bing chuckled. "Look at what you've done, Google. That wasn't very nice."
   Google stepped into the hallway, shutting the door to the bathroom, blocking (Y/N) from Bing's vision. "What are you doing here, Bing?"
   Bing nodded, closing his eyes softly. "I was notified that you got another update. It seems like Google is still trying to reign control. I was checking in to see if it worked or not," he opened one eye, smirking.
   Google had to remind himself not to smack him. "They didn't. You can leave, now."
   "Leave?" He laughed. "With that child here? Oh, no. Don't think you can get rid of me so easily, Google."
   "If you don't," Google stepped closer to Bing, and growled in his ear. "Then I'll make you."
   The door opened, and (Y/N) peeked out.
   "And risk scaring that child away?" Bing whispered, staring right at them. "I don't think so."

Picture By: Konoira
And Yes. Yes I did update the cover and name.
Thanks for reading.