Chapter Twenty

(Y/N) finally looked up, blinking through their tears to see a man who looked much like Google, yet his skin was a light grey. This man seemed to blur in their gaze, a triple image of red, blue, and normal between. He wore a suit, and tie, freshly ironed, it seemed, and dust free. (Y/N), ultimately, didn't like him. "N-no," they stuttered, pulling back, trying to get free. "No, I don't want to go...!"

The male let out a sigh, opting to pick them up. "Come now, this is for you. Now, please settle down, like a good, well behaved child."

(Y/N) screamed as loud as they could, remembering stranger danger. They kicked and threw their fist onto the male, head thrown back to let out a piercing scream. The male winced, quickly placing his hand over their mouth, free arm wrapping around their body to restrict movement. He strode down the steps quickly, entering a deserted office floor. He shouldered his way through a door into a board room where a black duffel bag sat on the long, polished table. Setting them down, he held them down with a single hand while he rummaged around through the duffel, eyes narrowed in concentration. They continued to scream, which was starting to irritate him, yet he tried to swallow it back.

He pulled out a bundle of rope and a large knife. (Y/N) saw the flash of the blade in the light, and started sobbing. What was he doing?! Who was he?! "Google! Bing! HELP ME!"

With an expert hand, he released them to cut a long segment of rope, the hand returning before (Y/N) could even get out of arms reach. Placing the blade of the knife between his teeth, he flipped (Y/N) onto their stomach and grabbed their small hands. They squirmed as their hands were tied behind their back, their cries and screams for Bing or Google going unheard. Tears dripped down their cheeks, falling onto the table in tiny puddles.

"Please, Mister," (Y/N) cried, watching him out of the corner of their eye as he grabbed the knife again, placing it, and the rope into the bag. In turn, he pulled out a small vial, and a cloth, wetting the center of the cloth in the vial's clear contents. Though (Y/N) didn't know what it was, they didn't like how he moved forward, towards their face. They squirmed, craning their head away from him. "Please, stop! PLE-!"

His hand shot forward, and he grabbed them by the chin, forcing them still enough to place the chloroform soaked cloth over their mouth and nose. He waited until they drooped, which wasn't long, then placed the rag and vial in a baggy, sealing it. He tossed it into the duffel, and sealed it with a small, slightly exhausted sigh. He was hoping this would go smoothly, and the child would be too distraught to put up a fight. Really, the chloroform was a last minute item he added to the duffel, just in case there was screaming involved. Reaching over, he started to undo the rope, now not needing it. Perhaps he should have started with the chloroform...

After setting the rope in the duffel, he flung the strap onto his shoulder, and grabbed (Y/N). He strode out of the room, and down the hall, down more stairs until he reached the main floor. He used his shoulder to leave, then continued along the now busy, and loud street, away from the sirens and prying eyes.

His steps were quick, following their own beat and rhythm, tapping on the pavement. They set the path ahead, until he reached a street that seemed deserted. With a quick glance around, he pulled out a cell phone. 

I'm at the pickup. Where are you?

O? Srry Dark. I grabbed a burger. Got u one 2

Dark held back a growl. That... imbecile.

Are you serious? Get your ass over here.

U got it! 

Dark, sighing, slipped the phone back into the pocket. Of course he was waiting. He should have guessed it. That man was unreliable.

Picture by: dreamingtoohigh