Chapter Fourteen

Google paced in the living room, waiting for Bing to arrive. He was fully ready for Bing to come in, beat his ass, then take (Y/N), restarting with getting them to feel comfortable around him again. He glanced towards (Y/N), who lay on the couch, back to him. He slowed, and bit his lip. "(Y/N)? I didn't mean it, I... I lied, okay?"

They didn't respond, or move, like usual.

Google tugged on his hair, then sat on the other side of the couch. "Goddammit," he muttered.

The door slammed open, revealing a very angry Bing. Google stood, and stepped away from (Y/N), sighing in relief. "Thank God y-!" His sentence was cut off by a swift slap to the cheek, which stung. He blinked, bringing a hand to his cheek to cover it, watching as Bing turned his glare onto (Y/N), crouching.

"(Y/N)? Its Bing," he reached over, brushing their hair back. "Did Google tell you something mean?"

(Y/N) stiffened.

"Between you and I, I just think Google is jealous. I would never even think about kicking you out,  pushing you away, or anything of the sort. You're honestly just too fun to get rid of."

Their shoulders shook, and Google was surprised to hear them crying quietly. Quickly turning, they hugged Bing's neck, sobbing into his shoulder. He smiled softly, gently rubbing their back, murmuring quietly in their ear. Google slumped, looking away as he stood, holding (Y/N).

"I'm taking (Y/N) back with me," he said, eyes narrowed. "And if I see you near the house again without a good reason, I will tear you apart."

Google tensed, jaw clenched, but he nodded. Still looking away, down at the floor, he flinched when the door slammed shut behind Bing, and he heard him drive off, taking (Y/N) with him. He slowly sat on the couch, taking off his glasses to rub his face. What was he even thinking? Was there some sort of... Programming error? No, he's been like this since he met (Y/N). He needed to fix that.

Opening his holographic screen with a swipe of his finger, he selected newest updates, and clicked on the single bar there. He didn't even read it, didn't even know what it was for, just closed his eyes, and sat back. He hoped this would fix the guilt he felt deep in his chest.

---

(Y/N) sat in the front seat beside Bing, hiccuping, and wiping their eyes. They sniffed, and shivered, even when Bing turned the heat on. He worried that it was from shock, or something of the sort. "How about you and I go eat somewhere? What do you want for dinner? Hm? Anything you want!"

They had to smile at Bing's efforts to make them happy again, a little reluctant to feel at complete ease. "Ah, I-I... I want a milkshake," they smiled a little shyly, knowing that a milkshake was most likely far from what Bing was talking about. "P-please...?"

Bing laughed, nodding. "That sounds pretty good right now, huh?" He turned down a road, hopefully towards a milkshake. "I really like chocolate milkshakes. What about you?"

"Chocolate is good," (Y/N) shifted shyly. "I like all of them..."

He smiled at them from the rear view mirror. "All of them are good. Maybe I'll try whatever you have."

For once, (Y/N) smiled, a genuine smile that made Bing smile back, seeing their bright eyes, and happy face. He couldn't help but feel a strange swell of protectiveness for them, wanting nothing more than to make them smile, and feel relaxed, and happy in their life. He couldn't let Google take them from them, or anyone from that matter. He would make them happy, and feel loved, something they deserved. 

For now, though, they needed simple care taking, with personal teaching, good discipline, and fair consequences. He turned back to the road, smiling gently. He could do it himself, he was sure of it.