Chapter 13 - Five of Clubs

"What?! There were four of them? At the same time? What happened to them?" asked Olivia, bemused.

"I do not know, dear. I doubt if anybody will know. No book has ever been written on them. The 

Mirage has done well to cover up their tracks", conversation, Bolton said.

"Do you know what their powers were? Did they meet at any point?" Will asked.

"Like I said before, there is no clear information on them. But I've read bits here and there. They all convey a single fact. Their powers were very frail. It was nothing like Blizzard or Hearthstone. I do not know the reason, but it might be due to the fact that it had been passed on to them through several generations. I'm not very sure about that. But I'm pretty sure that they were all good friends", Bolton continued.

"How are you sure?" asked Will.

"Do you know the greatest magicians of the 20th century, Will?" he asked.

"There are many. Which ones are you asking about?" replied Will impatiently.

"Well. I thought you were smarter, boy. With the conversation, you should've figured the answer out."

Will wasn't getting the point. He knew almost every magician from the 20th century. It was tough for him to pick one name from it. He couldn't get the clues that Bolton had thrown at him.

"One name. From a century. How is it possible? But, wait", he paused for a second and suddenly continued," I don't need a single name. I need four", he said brightly.

"Yes. Finally. Come on", Bolton encouraged.

All four of them performed together. That made them unique. Will had read a little about them years back.

"Yeah. I don't remember their names. But I remember their tricks. They were famous for their tricks on levitation, vanishing, transformation and prediction. So, do you mean that these were their powers?" asked Will as he felt his jaw drop.

"Yes, that's my guess. They must've been really close. Doing shows on a regular basis is no joke. But sadly, all of them died. The worst thing is that people think that they killed each other. The Mirage did pretty well to cover everything up."

It was too much for Will to take in but he knew one thing for sure. The Mirage hadn't been active for a really long time. So he asked," But The Mirage went underground, right? How did they find all this and more importantly how do you know all this?"

"Everything I said now is my personal inference from what I've read all these years. There aren't many books written on this, son. No, I'll phrase it this way. The books written about them don't exist now. I've tried all my life to prove these things that I said to you. But I'm still sitting here, unsuccessful. Do you have any information that'll help me? Why are you interested in this, suddenly?" questioned Bolton.

"You know that I always like these stuff. So, I just thought that I'll talk to you and listen to more of your stories."

"Yes. Yes. Wait a second", said Bolton as he got up and walked towards the bookshelf. He grabbed few book and struggled to bring them to the table. Just as Will and Olivia got up to help, he gestured them to stay seated. He brought the books to the table and sat down. Will and Olivia took their seats again and looked at the books.

"These books contain everything I told you just now. They'll have everything in detail, too. Read them. You'll know more. These books aren't for renting. They belong to my distinguished collection, but I'll give them to you", he said proudly.Olivia took the first book in her hand and Will saw the book beneath it. It was named 'Wrecked'. But it was the author's name that surprised him.