Chapter 22 - Three of Spades

Will bent down and helped Fade up. The Master was too weak to stand. He had just used his powers on Olivia. Using them again to a full effect on the hooded man had just drained him.

"We need to get you to the hospital", Will said.

The Master sneered," Don't act like you care, Will. You have your dad's blood. That will never let you do anything good. You have to pay for his sins. I won't let you get away. There is Macabre. He'll come after you. He knows everything. He'll make sure that you pay for everything."

Will looked at Alyssa for help. Both of them knew that they couldn't do anything. But Will wanted to help The Master. He had suffered a lot. He had done a lot of bad things but he was a good husband. He deserved better. Will got up and walked towards the bedridden old lady. He placed his hand on her forehead and closed his eyes. He tried to concentrate. A powerful stream of thoughts hit him. It was raining as he walked into an unfamiliar compound.

"Clairvoyance? Why are you here this late? What happened?" a voice asked.

It was his dad. Will saw his father for the first time. Beside him was Alyssa holding a baby. Alyssa hadn't changed over the years. She looked the same, then and now. The baby, it was Will. It was the night that his mom had mentioned earlier.

He followed Will's dad inside the house into the living room. The room was furnished beautifully complete with a fireplace. there was a floor length mirror near the entrance. Will saw his reflection as he entered the room. He looked nothing like himself. He saw a girl instead. That's when it struck him. He was Clairvoyance. Will was reliving the night through the old lady's mind.

"I need you to kill me, Rook", Clairvoyance said. Will could hear her voice come out of him.

"What? Why?" Rook asked, shaken.

"I had a premonition. I was so consumed in seeing the future and I had this vision", she said.

"What did you see?"

"I lead Fade through a path, with a trail of dead people along our way. We keep walking and I show him the way forward. He leaves me behind and moves forward, alone" she said.

"And then? What happens?"

She remains silent for a while before continuing," He goes on to meet a person. That person. He's death."

"What? Is death even a person?"

"Yes but, not really. I never have such strong visions, Rook. I have dreams and intuitions. They are vague flashes of the future. They don't always happen the way I see them. But this seems different."

"So what does this vision mean? Is Fade going to die?"

"Yeah, because of me. I'll be the reason for his death", Clairvoyance said.

"How are you so sure?" asked Rook.

"That was my vision. I lead him. Those trail of bodies. I'm not so sure about that. He meets death. I lead him to death. I show him the way. The wrong way", she cries.

"Calm down. You can't be sure of this", argued Rook.

Clairvoyance protested and they began bickering. The argument was getting heated when Alyssa walked in suddenly.

"What's happening", she asked.

"Nothing. Take our baby to our room and stay there till I come", Rook instructed her.

The argument continued even after Alyssa left the room.

"I came here for a favour. If you're not ready to do it I can do it myself", declared Clairvoyance.