Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I laid back in the soft mud, not really caring if I got my clothes dirty. I sighed, enjoying the silence I have had all to myself for a change. Noise of birds chirping, the smell of horses, and being alone was like being in the star constellation itself. I loved it.

I smirked a few hours later as they still have not found me, but I am sure they will go to Heimdall and ask where I am very soon. still, I decided that I would stay a few more minutes before heading back. once it was time, I called my horses to me, sad as I stroked each of their forelocks. I put their tack on each one of them, and hopped on MoonDust. I didn't attach them to MoonDust this time. I kicked Moon into action, and the rest followed. I smiled as I felt the wind slapping across my face, spreading my arms out to form a "T".

Once we neared the Palace I opened my eyes, slowing to a trot. As expected, Thor, Loki, and Odin were by the stables, waiting to feast their hands on my flesh and scold me for what I had done. I allowed my hands to fall to the reins, straightening my back. I emerged from the oaks surrounding the horses and I, exposing us to the sunlight. Almost all at once Thor's, Odin's, and Loki's heads snapped towards me. As I neared them I halted, my heart rate beating fast. "Hello," I said softly. "Why are the streets bare? I was just taking a ride..." I decided to play dumb as I grinned innocently. Thor stepped forwards and asked me to unmount. I did as asked, and I jumped off of the saddle. Stable hands each had one of my horses in hand, heading towards the barn. Instinctively my hand flew up towards Moon's reins, holding them firmly. I jerked them out of the stable hand's hands, stepping towards Moon. "Listen, I have told you the truth. If you still wish to take your anger out on somebody, then it should be me." I said, steadying my breathes. I could tell all was in shock at my words, but Odin's and Thor's face still stood slightly angry. "But first, I shall take care of my horses myself." I said and walked towards the barn, my legs shaking slightly. I quickly groomed all of my horses and put them back in their stalls. I rushed out, my dress flowing like a beautiful waterfall behind me, my blond hair falling down my back. I took a deep breathe as I walked towards the palace, escorted by the trio.