Chapter 6

What felt like a few days later, Fear and Regret returned with three newly dead when we finished a song. We hopped down the float to greet them. "These arrivals claim they have talent..." "...to help with the parade." I looked at the girls and admitted that they looked pretty badass. A tall one looked gorgeous with her dark red hair and her crisp blue eyes that contrasted them (reminding me a bit of Ice Flames), another one who was shorter and looked unique with her purple hair and grey eyes, and another with short layered brown hair with glasses that framed her hazel eyes. Gerard grinned at them. "Hi! I'm Gerard Way. What are your names and what is your talent?"

The tall one was eager to speak. "My name is Katherine Woods, but all my friends call me Kat. I am a baton twirler with a lot of spirit, but don't fuck with unless me unless you want a black eye."

"Yup, she definitely has the spirit." Frank muttered to me.

The shorter one was a little reluctant to speak, however. "I-I'm Ana Rios. I, um, I'm an acrobat. And...yeah." She immediately looked down at her feet, a blush creeping across her cheeks.

The straight faced girl didn't seem to change the expression in her face as she talked. She was very straight-to-the-point when she spoke. "Lillian Lord. Fire breather."

Gerard looked back at Fear and Regret. "Thank you. You are dismissed." As soon as Gerard finished speaking, Fear and Regret dipped there heads and walked back into the shadows, leaving not a trace behind. Gerard turned back to the girls with a friendly smile. "Alright, let's see what you've got."

We were outside the mansion and the boys were helping the girls with their stuff. I was so caught up in watching, I jumped when Nightmare elbowed me. "Hey."

I smiled at her. "What's up?"

"So what's it like?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "What's what like?"

We wiggled a little you. "You know...dating someone whose music we would listen to everyday. What's it like?"

"Oh." I looked at Gerard who was laughing as Lillian singed off some of Ray's hair. "Well, I never expected to date a celebrity. Well, I never expected to date anyone at all. But it's really nice to be with Gerard. He's nice, sweet, caring, determined. I really love him."

Nightmare nodded. "Yeah. Remember the times we were alive? You were exactly the same. Nice, sweet, caring, determined. But something's a bit different about you. I can't seem to put my finger in it."

"She smiles more." Adrenaline said. She walked over to join our conversation. "When I first recruited Neon she refused. She said she only hurt people with her and she'll be better off alone. But after I told her that me, Wild, and Silver had been alone and that we were a lot weaker as individuals and stronger as a whole, she decided to join."

I made a face. "That's not what happened. You forced me to spend an entire week with you guys and made me make a a decision whether I wanted to stay or not. But I will admit that I didn't really smile much. Even though I had you guys, I felt as if I was missing something."

"And Gerard and his friends were that something." Nightmare processed.

I nodded. "Im really lucky to have him in my life." I looked at him instructing Kat on how to twirl the baton and he must've known I was looking at him because he looked up at me and smiled and waved. I smiled back and Gerard turned back to Kat. I could see that she was saying 'who's that?' and Gerard was responding with a smile and blush on his face.

I grinned and looked up into the sky as ash fell on my face. "You know, I'm pretty glad to be dead. I'm with everyone I love and it will be like this forever."