Chapter 12

The following day was our honeymoon. Well, we're in the Black Parade and there was nowhere to go except the mansion, so it was really more of a break. Walking into the mansion, Gerard gripped my hands. "How did I become so lucky to be with a girl like you?"

I giggled, but then I felt some sort of nausea take over me. My knees buckled and I put a hand over my mouth, felling sick. Gerard steadied me, a worried expression over his face. "(y/n), are you okay?"

Not being able to say anything, I rushed into the bathroom and vomited in the toilet. Gerard was holding my hand and rubbing my back. "Jesus Christ, what the fuck happened?" I asked.

Gerard shrugged, but then froze, a look of something flashed across his. "(y/n), how do you feel?"

I rolled my eyes. "Like shit."

He shook his head. "No, I mean..." He bit his lip. "What's wrong? What part of you feels sick?"

I considered this. "Well, I had nausea earlier today and honestly, I'm kinda cramping a little."

Gerard bit his lip harder. "So you know you don't get your menstruation flow here, right?"

"Gerard, where is this going?" I asked slowly.

He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm, uh, I'm saying you might MIGHT...um, you might be...pregnant?"

I stared at him. I had so many emotions, feeling, and thoughts flowing through me, but the first thing I said was "how the fuck is that possible? I'm dead, aren't I?"

Gerard winced. "Well, yeah. Your heart is dead. My reproductive cells and your eggs...those aren't."

My eyes widened. "What? How? Why not?"

Gerard put his hands on mine. "Look, baby...you know that medal I gave you?"

I nodded slowly.

"Okay, that, um...that's probably why bits of us are still alive." When I didn't say anything Gerard continued. "I don't understand the medal's full power yet, but I did figure out that it is still keeping bits of our body alive since earlier I cut myself and I had bled bright red blood. And um...Mikey, Ray, Frank, and Mikey are semi-alive as well since I gave them a fraction of its power."

I stared, completely dumbfounded. "What the fuck? So I'm actually pregnant?"

Gerard rubbed my back. "There is a very high possibility, yes. Actually, you are. I remember since this is exactly what it was like when Lindsey got pregnant."

I stared at him. "I'm going to have a child." I whispered. Then a smiled. "I'm going to have a child!" I said with a smile, hugging Gerard too.

He hugged back and even though I couldn't see his face, I could tell he was smiling too. "Congratulation, sweetheart! You're going to be the best mom ever!"

I kissed him, putting a hand behind his neck and another on his shoulder. "And you're going to be the proud father of this child!"

Gerard put his hands on my waist. "So how do you feel now?"

I shrugged. "A little scared and panicky, but I'm mostly happy and excited. When should we break the news?"

Gerard shrugged. "Whenever you feel comfortable. Just let me know when you plan on telling them."

I was still grinning, but my face fell a little. "Oh, yeah. You have to tell me more about that medal. How is it keeping our body and cells alive, but not our hearts? Are we like, zombies?"

Gerard shrugged. "I don't understand it either, but I promise I'll give you all the details when a figure it out."

I nodded. "And does anyone else know about this?"

He shook his head. "Unfortunately not. You're the first person I've told. I don't know how to tell the guys either." He then stood up and then helped me up. "Come on, you should rest for a little while. And not to rush you, but I think we should tell them soon. You and I will have to take off from working in the Parade for a while."

My shoulders slumped. "Oh, yeah. Man, I'm gonna miss working up there."

Gerard laughed and kissed my cheeks. "When this baby is older then we'll go back to work. But for now, you need to rest."

We went into the room and fell on the bed together. Gerard and I stared into each others' eyes for a while and then he kissed me. "I loved you (y/n)." Then he kissed my abdomen. "And I love you too, little Way."