Chapter 14

Mikey, Ray, and Frank were gathered around us curiously in the private and sparse room. "What's going on?" Frank demanded. Gerard and I shared a glance. We didn't know how to say it. It sounded so bizarre that it even freaked me out when I heard. This was impossible and unbelievable.

Gerard took a breath. "Um, so this may sound crazy and you guys might think I'm really stupid or something."

Frank laughed without humor. "Well, yeah. That's what we thought when you broke up My Chemical Romance."

Gerard decided to ignore that comment. "So, um...we're not completely dead."

Silence. Everyone was sharing confused looks, possibly trying to figure out what Gerard just said. Suddenly, Ray cleared his throat. "Excuse me, what? Did I just hear you say we're not completely dead."

I nodded slowly. "That's exactly what he said." I looked over to my husband. "Do you think you can explain it to them without exploding their brains?"

Gerard exhaled. "I'll try. So, um, a while ago back when had been killjoys for less than two years, I had a dream. In this dream the Devil himself had given me this medal..."

The entire time Gerard was reciting his story Frank, Mikey, and Ray stared wide eyed. They seemed shocked that this story was coming so seriously out of their leader's mouth, but they didn't say anything that said they didn't believe him.

When Gerard finished speaking the boys were stunned in silence, but then Ray cleared his threat. "Wow, um, that's a lot to take in. I believe you," he glanced at Mikey and Frank. "We all do, but now what? We died but we're not dead. Not completely anyway. So what do we do know. Clearly there's something missing."

Gerard looked at me and sighed. He took my and and I reassuringly squeezed it. He squeezed back. "I don't know." He said finally. "I don't know what's left, but I'm sure we'll know soon. For right now (y/n) is carrying my baby and I'm going to take care of her and our child. I'm going to put us and my family before any stupid legend or some shit like that."

Frank cheered. "Yeah, you, Gerard! You take care that sexy new wife of yours and that baby!"

We stared at him. It appears even after I'm married Frank is still being a little flirtatious towards me. Not like he used to, but now he's clearly doing it to tease me. I cleared my throat. "In any case, now that you're all aware of the situation we just have to live on normally."

"But what about everyone else?" Mikey asked. "They're going to be suspicious and you'd promise you'd tell them. How and when are you going to do that?"

Gerard looked at me. "We, um, sort of have a plan for that."

Mikey frowned. "You don't have a plan?"

The older brother shrugged. "More or less. We'll figure something out soon." Even though Gerard had told me that a long time ago.

Frank shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, won't this freak them out? Can't we just lie and make up something?"

Gerard shook his head. "It's better if they find out the truth. I'm a leader and as their leader they need to trust me. Lying won't help."

I could tell Frank was going to launch into a sarcastic speech about Gee's duty as "leader", but he bit back whatever snarky comments he was about to make and just simply shrugged. "Okay."

Gerard sighed in relief. "Thank you. So are we good? There's no confusion?"

Miley scoffed. "Actually, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of confusion, but we got the jist of it."

"I still can't believe (y/n)'s pregnant." Frank crossed his arms. "Even if we were completely alive. She just doesn't seem like the type to even want to be a mom."

I bit my lip. I've always had dreams of being a mom when I was younger, but when I became a killjoy things got more complicated and I gave up on my dreams. Who was I going to have kids with anyway? Silver? We were never interested in each other. And he died anyway. So yes, I became more tough and gave up on the dreams having children and being in love. But then I met Gerard and he complicated things even further. When I met him I started believing in love again but I wasn't so sure if I wanted children anymore. "Hey, I've always wanted to be a mom." I lied. Frank looked at me in surprise but didn't say anything.

"So is everything good?" Gerard asked again. "No questions?"

The boys all glanced at each other before shaking their heads. "No, I don't think so." Ray clarified.

Gerard sighed. "Just keep in mind that neither of us fully understand it so f you have questions then don't ask us."

"That's why we don't have questions." Frank responded.

Gerard nodded and glanced at me. "Good. Now if you'll excuse us I need to take my gorgeous wife up to her room as we need to discuss some things."

The three gave us odd looks and I returned them. I didn't even know what  we were going to talk about, but I guess I was going to find out and he scrabbled my hand and started leading me to our room.