Chapter 15

Gerard and I were talking about expectations for the baby when we heard a knock on the door. "Um, Neon, er- (y/n)? It's uh, I need to talk to you." Adrenaline's voice was heard faintly through the the door.

Gerard and I exchanged a glance. We were thinking about names for our child and wondered what gender it would be. I turned back to the door. "Um, yeah, sure. Come on in."

The door slowly opened and Adrenaline awkwardly shuffled inside. She glanced at Gerard hesitantly before looking back at me. "Um, can I talk to you...privately?"

Gerard and I met gazes and he shrugged. "I'll be downstairs with Bri and Pete. I'll come back up when you guys are done." We shared a kiss before he started headed out the door, giving us one last glances before finally leaving. Adrenaline shut the door behind him and cleared her throat, nodding to the bed. "Uh, you mind if I sit with you?"

I shook my head. "Of course not. Come on." I patted the empty space next to me. Adrenaline sat down uncomfortably. She spent the next few moments fidgeting with her hands before I spoke up. "Okay, what do you want to talk about? Is something wrong? I've never seen you like this before."

She bit her lip, thinking a little before sighing. "Look, (y/n), I don't think there's an easy way to say this. I've kept this a secret for so long now, but I didn't think I could say this, especially now."

I now frowned. "What do you mean?"

Adrenaline took a breath. "Gerard...isn't Bandit's father. I mean, he is, but not her biological father."

I stared at her in confusion and tilted my head. "What do mean?"

Adrenaline continued fidgeting uncomfortable besides me. "Rose...Lindsey....I've known her for a very long time. Back when we were in high school. One time in our freshman year, she got this boyfriend. He was a junior. He wasn't at jerk to Lindsey at first. There was this one time the two of us got invited to a party full of upperclassmen. I told Lindsey we should stick together, but she wanted to be with her boyfriend. I lost track of her since the party was so crowded. Apparently the two went upstairs and...well, they both wanted to do it. The only thing was that they weren't safe when they did it. The following week me and Lindsey we sitting in the cafeteria before school. She started complaining that she was feeling very sick. I made her go home and sometime in the middle of my class, I got a call from her. I promptly decided to ignore it since I thought she was trying to get me in trouble, but then she sent a text saying that I should call her back since it's very urgent. I excused myself out of class and called her back. When she answered she was in tears. She told me she found out she was pregnant. I was...I didn't want to believe it. She was too young. But then I remembered the party. I knew that she wasn't making anything up. I was so scared for her. Neither of us knew what to do. Then Lindsey broke the news to her boyfriend after school on the phone. He demanded a break up and said he wouldn't take care of the child."

Adrenaline smiled bitterly. "I barely gave the asshole a chance to run before I broke his nose and arm. I helped Lindsey and her parents with her pregnancy. By the time our sophomore year started, Bandit was born. I was so happy for Lindsey, but this was all too much for her. Even worse for someone her age to be a parent alone. It got even more worse when my parents informed me that I had to move states. We were both devastated and I didn't get to contact her as much. I was scared because she had no one to look after her. But one day Lindsey told me this one boy moved in the house where I used to live. Lindsey would sometimes go there because she really missed me. She also met the boy who lived there. Thank god, he was so nice and not as judgmental as other people. He helped Lindsey take care of Bandit, but they ended up falling in love. I never knew the guy, but when that shit with BL/I started and I met up with Lindsey, she told me all about him. His name was Gerard Way and they had only gotten married a few years ago. He had his little group of killjoys all on his own made up of three other guys that used to be in his band. I knew the name was so familiar, but I didn't know. But now that I met him, I know. I know that he was the one who helped take care of Bandit when we were in high school. He was the one who fell in love with Lindsey, but had to separate."

I blinked, taking all of that in. I was at a lost for words. "Why are you telling me this?" I said at last.

Adrenaline looked away from me. "I think...I think this may have a connection to why you're pregnant."