I

"Come on Thorn you need to take a bath," I say groaning while I pull on my horse's rings.

"Stubborn one is she" I hear I low voice from behind me. I don't need to look at who the person is that know who it is.

"I know, I have been training her for almost a year now," I say letting go of the rings and petting Thron.

"She was your grandmother's horse you know" I hear him say. I turn around to look at my father. He is standing there with his hands stuffed into his denim jeans. He's looking at me with a smile showing his white teeth.

"Yes, I understand that, you have told me many times" I say turning back to my horse. I close the stall door and lock it. "She needs more time before competition, she's scared and not used to having me around. She doesn't trust me quite yet"

"She will" My fathers says walking closer to me and leaning on the stall door. "Your training techniques are much like what your grandmother used to do"

"That's because she taught me" I say grabbing my rings and walking towards the rack room where we keep all of the horse equipment. I look back to see if my father had followed me but he did not. I take off my helmet and place it on my hook along with my rings. I change my riding boots to my sneakers, then i change my riding coat to my favorite green hippy jacket that my boyfriend Jordan got me. I grab my grey bag off of the shelf. I start to walk out when i hear my phone go off. I pull my phone out of the my bag and look at the ID.

Clare :P

As soon as i see the ID i smile. Clare is my bestfriend in the whole world. My ride or die you could say. I open the text to see what she said

What are you doing tonight the text said. I lifted my head to think. I have no idea what we are going to be doing tonight. I put my phone away to go find my dad. I walk out of the rack room and head towards the other side of the stables. I figured he would be in his office working on boring bills to pay off this stables he bought. He only bought it because he thought it would be funny if a city boy owned something like that. So besides bills and paperwork, I am the one who runs this place.

I walk into his office and see him talking to some women. So I do the polite thing and wait out here. She was probably some type of horse owner. A couple minutes go by and the women walks out. She is very pretty. She has long light brown hair, her eyes are green, and she is really tall. As she walks out she flashes to be a small smile and I do the same. Once she's gone I enter my dad's office.

"Hey dad, " I say cheerfully

"Hey, your going home already?" He says pushing his furrowing his eyebrows

"Well yeah, I already finished with everything"

"Well alright then. Do you need anything?"

"Yeah um, Clare was wondering if I was doing anything tonight and I'm guessing she wants me to stay over," I say internally crossing my fingers saying I'm free

"Yeah, you can go," He says. I practically jump in my spot. I might go over to Clare's almost every weekend but i always get excited when I got because we always end up going to some party. Clare is like the "it" girl at our school because she won last years championship. Technically we both won since I trained her and her horse. Ever since then total strangers have know my name and things about me. I go to a very private rich kid school so horse riding is a really big thing. Especially when you live in Saratoga Springs New York.

"Okay ahh cool thanks dad," I say running over and pressing my lips against his cheek quickly. I rush out of the office and start to walk out of the stables. I take my phone out and text Clare