X

*EDITING*

*Clare POV*

The white walls of the hospital blind my eyes like the sun burning into my pupils. The tense feeling in the waiting room chokes me. This feeling is a terrible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. If it was a different circumstance. If there was a baby going to be born, the walls would be a bright canvas waiting to be painted, and the tension would be exciting and thrilling. But this is different. This was the feeling of death and loneliness. I sit in a waiting room chair with tissues pressed in my hands. Fenton sits next to me with an arm around my waist. I haven't been able to stop crying. For all I know, my bestfriend could be dead right now, and i'm just sitting here. If Fenton wasn't holding me I would be a terrible mess right now. Charlie is standing talking to the nurse. Jordan might be in the worst condition. I can't imagine how mortified he was when he picked up her body. Jordan sits on the other side of the room with his face in his hands.

I can see the puffy redness on his face every time he shifts. I can't believe that Taylor's father isnt even here. Your daughter is in the fucking hospital and he's in Vegas doing god knows what. Charlie sits next to Jordan's and puts a hand on his shoulder.

After what feels like hours a doctor comes from the doors and we all stand. The doctor is an older man with silver hair. But you can tell he was cute when he was younger. The look on his face almost sends me crying again. I can tell this isn't good.

"I have some news," his expression turns fake. As if he was trying to hide his disappointment. "I'll give you the bad news first." Bad news. His words play like an echo in my head. I look over at Jordan. He look like he's about to deck the doctor in the face. His hands are in his pockets but i can tell that they clenched.

"She is in a coma, severe coma where she is not able to move almost like sleep paralysis." My heart drops. I throw my hands over my mouth. The tears start to flow again. Fenton squeezes me against his chest. Jordan does not move a muscle.

"But she is in good condition, her heart is beating at a good pace. The only other damage she has is a sprained ankle," his face turns into a sympathetic smile. He looks at Charlie and they start talking about technical stuff. Jordan does not move.

"I want to see her" Joran speaks. His voice stern and angry. The doctor nods and gestures us to follow him. I let go of Fenton and start to follow the doctor. The room is just down the hall in the recovery wing. We stop at the door. I didn't have time to comprehend what was going on before Jordan opens the door quickly. Right then and there the first time in my life. I see a man crumble fall apart. Broken into pieces that might not heal for a really long time. Broken over a girl.

Taylor lays face up with tubes running out of her arms. She looks like a fallen angel with her pale cut up skin. Her chocolate brown hair lys under her shoulders. Her hands are laying by her sides. I go over on the other side of her bed. I kneel down and hold her hand. Jordan is already doing this on the other side of her. He is staring at her with much intent. Hes holding one of her hands in his. His soft cry is heard around the room.

All I can think about is how Taylor did not deserve this