XIV

(EDITING)

*Clare POV*

It was the middle of 7th grade. I was called down to the office in the middle of class. Embarrassing I know. I had gotten a phone call from my mom. My mother processed to tell me that my father had packed up and left. We had already been going through some shit with him. Like alcohol. But my father was my everything. He was there for me. He cared for be like no one did.

She told me this over the phone. I broke down in the middle of the office. Now that was embarrassing. People were watching me. But at the time I didn't. I wanted my father and i most likely was never gonna see him again. That was my lowest moment.I felt a hand on my shoulder. Than I was pushed into a tight hug by a girl with brown hair.

I looked up at her and saw her green eyes were filled with sympathy and care. I started to cry into her horse riding t shirt. I already liked her. After I was done crying. I stood up from the floor with her. She handed me a tissue.

"Hi, I'm Taylor"

Those were the first words of our friendship. After that she was always there for me. I was there for her. We never even left each other's sides since that day.

Now it's the last summer we have together before we head off to college, and i'm waiting for her in a hospital waiting room hoping she's alive.

She needs to be alive. I have no idea what I would do without her. She keeps me sane. SHe keeps be from rebelling against my mother. She's my rock. Without her I don't know what the right thing is to do. I need her in my life. No doubt about it. I cry for her hoping she's alive.

God had sent me a guardian angel that day and I will forever be grateful.

I will always be proud to say that Taylor Mayfair has always been and always will be my best friend.