VIII

The bright sun beats down on my face as I lounge by the pool in my backyard. I just got home from horse riding practice and I really need to relax for a while. The training and the practicing is going really well and I think that we actually have a shot placing in the racing part. I had no idea that Thorn was going to be so fast. Thinking about my grandmother's horse makes me smile. I love remembering my grandmother and all the memories that we shared. She taught me how to ride. All my riding techniques are based on hers. My grandmother is also the only memory I ever had with my mother. My grandmother was my favorite person.

I open my eyes and the dark tint on the world from my sunglasses still sit on the bridge of my nose. I see a small sunburn creep up towards my the top part of my bikini. The top of my bikini is black and strapless. The bottom part is a light blue with ties on the sides. I really should get up but I don't want to. I just love how the heat hits my skin.

I start to get lost in my thoughts when. "BAHHH!" Someone screams from behind me and makes me jump in my seat. I whip off my sunglasses and take a look behind me. There is see Clare laughing her ass off. Her arm is in a sling over her chest. She's standing right outside the sliding glass doors. I give her a small glare before starting to laugh myself. "That was priceless" she holds her stomach as she keeps laughing.

"Okay, that's enough," I say trying to calm myself down and her as well. "I thought you weren't supposed to be coming over until later?" I ask. We made plans to hang out around 3 to talk about the race and other things. Hopefully Fenton.

"Yeah well I decided to come early, my nanny dropped me off," Clare's nanny, Lidia, has been with her for a really long time. I have known her for most of my life. Her mom isn't around anymore so Lidia is there.

"You could have called me," I say crossing my arms over my chest. I sit back down on the chair as Clare sits on the chair next to me.

"Then you wouldn't have gotten scared" she rolls her eyes at me crossing her arms over her chest. A smile grows on her face as a small silence passes. "Let's go to the mall," she says with much excitement. I roll my eyes at her knowing that she won't take no for an answer. I sigh and look at Clare. I nod my head and we both start heading out the door. I help Clare open the passenger side of my car. I get into the car and turn it on. We head towards the mall.

"So are you ready for competition tomorrow?" Clare looks at me with excitement. I have gotten way more excited for competition. I have gotten really confident with Thron and what she can do. But I can't help but feel nervous.

"Yeah I'm pretty excited," I say sounding hesitant. She looks at me confused but I don't pay any attention to her. I look straight out the windshield and focus on driving. I look at all the passing trees and watch as the town of Saratoga passes through. After a long moment of silence, Clare speaks.

"Fenton and Jordan are headed to the mall," She says staring at her phone. She's texting Fenton I just know it. I really wanna know what went down between them tho. She seems to get kinda excited that they are coming.

"Sweet," I say pulling into the parking lot of the mall. The mall is huge and pretty much like Clare's church. She comes here religiously. I park the car and unbuckle my seatbelt. I get up to open Clare's door before she can so that she doesn't have to use her arms. I help her out of the car and we walk towards the front doors. "So what is going on between you and Fenton?" I ask

"He told me that he loved me." She says as if we were talking about the weather. I stop in my tracks and look dead in her eyes.

"What!" I say loudly. "When?" Why the hell didn't she tell me sooner? This is huge. My ship is finally going to sail. Finally going to get together now. I looked over at her with shocked eyes.