Chapter 1

"Che," Killua looked at the map again, and turned it upside down, "No wonder I'm not getting anywhere, the map suckssss!"
He turned to face the other direction, "I travelled by boat, by balloon, by plane-- just to get here and get lost!"
He put the map in his backpack.
He was in a desert, that much he knew.
Killua slathered on sunscreen again, and looked over his shoulder, maybe that way?
He shrugged, "At least I can live without sleep," sometimes being an ex-assassin is useful.
He let the thought escape him, he's a hunter now. He thought back to the monsters, actual ones, and knew he had to find what he was looking for.
Killua's shoes kept on being refilled with sand, which made his steps heavier, causing him to sink deeper into the dunes. Having his backpack stuffed with things also didn't help
The sun wasn't too kind either, he nearly got burnt twice, he reached into his backpack to grab his canteen, and poured the water on his white hair. He was hoping to keep cool, but knew that that wouldn't last long in the sweltering heat.
Killua began trudging up a sand dune- the tenth one so far.
His sky blue eyes widened, "What is this place?" He started to quicken his pace, "Seriously though..."
As he got closer, he could see that the buildings and the people had some kind of old fashion sense. He watched as someone came out of a store with a metal leg.
The man glared at him, before continuing into another shop.
Killua began crossing the street, only to be nearly run over by a vehicle that he's sure that would never be driven in Yorkshin.
"Everything's so..." he looked behind him again, criticizing his new surroundings, "old."
Killua narrowed his glare at a price sign outside of a mechanical workshop.
"What the hell..." Killua squinted, "Automail?"
He peaked through the window, and saw metal arms and legs, hands, fingers, and feet. He raised an eyebrow.
"Hey, obaa-san, is there a map of this country?" Killua asked, receiving an annoyed glare from the shop lady, but also was given a piece of paper.
"You not from here, boy?" The lady inquired, she was polishing a steel arm, and was covered in what seemed to be oil.
Killua made eye contact, "No I'm just directionally challenged," he examined the circular country, Amestris?
He nodded a thanks, and continued to search for a sign to distinguish where he actually was in this country. Since he just came from a desert, his best guess would either be Reole or... The boy blinked.
"Youswell," Killua was by some railroad tracks, and spotted a massive sign with the city's name.
He wondered around for another half hour before concluding that the town was just for mining, and retreated to the tracks.
Killua stowed away on the next train heading to Central, he decided that it looked the most promising out of all.
He placed his bag down on the cushioned seat, and rested his head on it, then examined the ceiling, and allowed himself to sleep the rest of the way.
How can I make some money here...
•   •    •
"Hey kid!"
Killua opened one eye, a man in a uniform was urging him to wake up. Annoyed, he sat up.
"Good grief, took long enough," the man complained to his coworker, "This is the last stop, kid."
Killua peered out the train, it was a train station, he cleared his throat, "Central?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks," he opened the seat's window, took his bag, from and jumped out, startling the two uniformed workers.
"HEY, that's dangerous!"
Killua just waved them off, I've jumped off a cliff before, he smirked.
He pulled out the map, "This doesn't have any details of these damn cities," he ripped it up and threw it in the nearby trash.
Useless.
He found a bakery down the street to ask directions to a library, it's the only way I'll learn something about this place, he left the store with a biscuit. He didn't have any of the currency, but the lady was nice enough to give him one for free.
With the treat in his mouth, he made his way to the library.
"Sorry, you can't enter without proving you're a State Alchemist."
That old lady didn't mention that.
"I just forgot it at home," Killua spewed, he was debating whether or not to just knock this guy out, "I just need to check something-"
The soldier put a hand up to stop him, "No can do, you don't even look old enough to be a State Alchemist."
Killua took a breath, clearing his thoughts of killing the guy, "Fine." He was walking down the steps when he heard the giant doors creak.
My chance, Godspeed--
Killua stopped before he activated his nen, and pointed, "-And you're telling me that chibi is a State Alchemist?!" He didn't exactly know what one was, but he figured it was like being a Hunter, since restricted access meant only State alchemists could get in.
"WHO'RE YOU CALLING SHORT!?"
"Nii-san..."
Killua stood wide-eyed.
He was staring at a boy his height with blond hair, who was wearing a red cloak and some white gloves, with a man in armor- that sounded like a boy- who had just called the shrimp, Nii-san.
"Al, let's get out of here," the blond said, glaring at the other boy as they passed.
Killua frowned, "Wait," he went to grab the boy's shoulder, a blue flash happened and when the blond turned around, he held a blade to his throat.
Killua eyed the knife, and realizing it was attached to his arm, he pieced it together, "Ah! Automail!"
The boy's yellow eyes glared, "And? You better have something intelligent to say-"
"Or?" Killua grinned mechanically, "You'll kill me?"
Al pulled his brother away from Killua, and behind him, "I don't think you're from around here."
The Hunter lightened up, "What're you guys sayin'? I'm totally from Youswell."
"Liar!"
He laughed at the blond.
"Stop laughing like that! Just come with us," Killua noticed that the boy no longer had the blade on his arm, but instead wore his white gloves again.
Ed peaked behind him at the strange boy, he had never seen hair as white as his before, he glared, how dare he call me short.

State Alchemists, huh? Killua put his hands in his pockets...I still don't know what that is...
• • •
"We've been to Youswell a pile of times," Ed mentioned as they walked to the Military office.
Killua nodded, "Not much of a place."
"Nice people though!" Al's armor echoed, Killua still couldn't get over the fact that he was the younger one.
"You've heard of us, right?"
The white haired boy's ears perked up, no, "Only a bit, I... just moved to Youswell," why would people even know about these two? They're full of themselves.
"Mm," Ed mumbled, "As I mentioned before, I'm Ed, and that's Alphonse," he pointed a thumb to the armor, "But, we're known as the Elric Brothers."
Killua whistled, "Cool."
The blond narrowed his eyes, "That's all you have to say?"
Killua shrugged, It's not like I'm going to know you any more, "So you're both State Alchemists?"
"Ah," the armored man lifted an arm, "I'm not."
Killua must've seemed disappointed because Ed jumped on his response.
"Ya don't think I'm an actual State certified Alchemist, do ya? Huh?" Ed met Killua's glare.
I don't even know what an alchemist is, Killua thought to himself, "Remind me what you guys do, I've... lived far away from any actual Alchemists."
"Oh, I see," the armor spoke, "Well we follow the law of equivalent exchange; we cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. So to obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
Killua nodded, "Can it be of a different substance? Since you said 'equal value', I'm assuming that it has to be made of the same stuff as what you want to gain, right?"
He's a smart cookie, Ed thought, "Exactly."
"Okay, so what do you guys do with that, then?"
"We can make stuff out of other stuff," Ed stated, he felt as though he could relate to this guy somehow, "It's a science."
Killua smirked, "Cool," he saw an official looking building up ahead, "Is that it?"
"Edward Elric!"
"Oh no..."
Killua first saw muscles, then the smiling face of the man, and then the few strands of blond hair on his head, what the hell...
"Armstrong..." Ed started out, "Good to see you!"
Fitting name, Killua half-smiled.
Armstrong began speaking with Al, slapping him on the shoulder.
"Nii-san and I were actually just going to see Col. Mustang," Alphonse informed him, "We're  updating him on a few things."
Armstrong seemed to nod at that, and glance toward Killua, in which the boy narrowed his blue eyes. They're not very subtle.
Roy would wanna see him, Ed thought, he was looking to the third floor, something's off about him.
Killua yawned again, I heard of something here that interests me, but this is getting to be a waste of my time.
^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^
Hiya!!
To those who are new to me, welcome!
I enjoy writing fanfics, and I'm watching FMA brotherhood right now! (Again)
I just finished Haikyuu, and am also caught up on Boruto! (Naruto next generations)
Also... I'm reading (for the third time) Gakuen Alice.... it's just so funny 😂
Hunting Truth updates whenever I update! LOL
See ya!
Thanks for reading!
-mycatWalter