Chapter 16

"And what the hell is that?"
Clearly Edward was having enough of Killua's surprises.
"It's a card that, when activated with nen, can transport people- or things," Killua explained, flipping it over to inspect it, "I asked my friend's dad how he made it, and then made my own."
Ed took the card to inspect it too, but realized he couldn't even read it, "I don't really get how you can read anything here," he gave it back.
"I have a friend who's really good at dialects and stuff like that," Killua said, Kurapika may be annoying as hell, but he's damn smart, "He taught me."
Al nodded, "So, who're you gonna write to?"
Killua smirked, "Bisky, and Gon."
"And they are?" Edward led them to a coffee shop five blocks away.
"Well, Gon's my best friend, but he's an idiot," Killua laughed, thinking back to his first attempt at the Hunter Exam and how Gon thought of the weirdest solutions, "So, I'm writing to Bisky too, 'cause I know for a fact that Gon is with his dad, so I told Ging to ask Bisky to come along, 'cause after what happened in that ninja town, I had told all three of them to stick close because my family will stop at nothing to get my sister back."
Alphonse had a notebook out, taking notes of who was who, and showed them to his brother, "See, Gon is Killua's bestfriend, Ging must be Gon's father, and Bisky is..." he looked to Killua for an answer.
"Baa-san-"
"She's an old lady?!" Edward slammed the table, shaking their cups of hot chocolate, "Why would you include an old lady!?"
Killua shrugged, "She's strong, and even taught me how to do things," he furrowed his eyebrows, "She won't do anything outside of her limits though, which makes her more reliable than Gon right now."
"Then why is Gon joining?" Ed knew his voice sounded skeptical.
"I guess cuz..." Killua put a finger to his chin, then pointed it at the older Elric brother, "He's like a brother to me!" Killua grinned.
"That's it?" Alphonse deflated, he had hoped for something more concrete.
Killua stared down at his mug of hot chocolate, and shook his head, "He's scary tough." The white-haired boy then smiled the same toothy grin as before, "Nearly as tough as me."
Ed snorted, "Ya, okay," he draped his arm over the back of Alphonse's chair, "So what's next then? We can't just sit here while Roy is looking after your sister."
The brothers watched as Killua began scribbling in that same odd text as the playing card.
"Can't have you knowing much right now," Killua stated, "First I need to see what kind of help we can get here, if it's enough, we can head on over to my country, but if not," his sharp blue eyes met with Edward's, "I'm going to have to extend my branches again."
*^*^*^*^*
Three days later and the boys were in the middle of a blizzard.
"I can't believe people actually live up here," Killua spat in between the chattering of his teeth. He feverishly rubbed his hands together to try and stay warm, even with circulating his nen to keep his body temperature regulated, Killua still could feel the 50 below zero chill.
"Armstrong's sister lives at this base," Alphonse trudged along the front of the group, to both shield them from the bitter wind, and to make an easy path along the snow covered ground.
Killua began picturing an identical female version of the Armstrong he knew of and he wasn't too pleased with the outcome. He shook his head, "And she's strong?"
"How else could I be an Armstrong?"
Without realizing it, they had come to an entrance, Ed and Killua both lifted an arm over their eyes to cover them from the drifting snow coming off of the landing above.
The powdered snow had created a smoke screen, and partnered with the yellow light shining from the entrance, the figure standing there looked like a mere shadow.
"How 'bout you let us in," Killua snuffed, "Instead of cracking a lame joke."
"Killua-san, is it?" The figure stepped out from the doorway, her blonde hair whipping in the wind while a smirk played on her lips, "Care for a sparring session?"
Killua's blue eyes flickered with a bloodthirsty shine, he grinned the half-smile that the Elric brothers have become cautious of, "Why not."
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
I had this chapter up and ready to go for the past week but I forgot to upload it!!! 😭😭😭
I am so sorry 😓
I'm trying to get on a set schedule to update... so I'm thinking Sundays?
I'll update again Sunday, I've decided ^^
Hope you guys have a great week! And hope you had a happy Thanksgiving on Monday XD (for my fellow Canadians)
Thanks so much for commenting ❤️
Sometimes motivation is hard to come by, but with you guys commenting... I mustn't let you down!!
I love to write, so please continue to support me ^^
Um... what else? Oh, right! After this story is done, I've already started to plan a third crossover... but one thing at a time! So that's it!
~mycatWalter