6: The Escape

Sang

The drips of water from the bath faucet, Raven's heartbeat thudding in his chest, my accelerated breathing, and the door creaking open. These are the things I hear at this exact moment and I'm terrified.

I put the sharpened stone in the elastic band in the back of my underwear and prepare myself to put my plan into order. It may have too many flaws, but I know that there is no other way to get out of here.

I hear the heavy thuds of his worn combat boots and gather all my confidence that I can because I need to be ready for what is about to happen.

Raven shifts a bit and speaks in a voice slightly lower than a whisper, "little wolf, you are strong and you can do this", his accent more noticeable due to his strong emotions.

Greg walks to my cage and has a large cheshire grin on his face, "Xavier needs his toy to be nice and clean for playtime. My favorite part of the job" he says with a wink as he unlocks the cage.

Raven doesn't like that statement because he growls which causes Greg to look over at him. He pales when he sees Raven bare his teeth at him and I try to hide the smirk forming on my face. What a pathetic piece of shit.

I hold onto my anger at his callous words and use it to further ground myself. The hinges creak as he opens the gate for me to walk out. He takes a hold of my arm, digging his fingernails into my skin and I have to hold myself back from reacting. It's not the perfect moment to attack.

He looks at me and crosses his arms with a smile on his face, "well, you know the drill. Strip."

I turn fully towards him so, he doesn't see the rock I have hidden in the back of my underwear which gives Greg and Raven full view of my body. I've learned to desensitize myself to this part. It's just a body and I have been forced to not care about others seeing it.

I make eye contact with Raven and I can see the sorrow and rage in his expression.

Not moving my gaze from his eyes, I grab the hem of my dirty shirt and lift up. His eyes stay on mine for a second more before they start to move downwards to the pale skin of my breast to my flat stomach. Holding onto the band of my underwear, I grab ahold of the rock, and slowly take off my panties.

I look back at Greg when he says "Not bad of a strip tease this time. Too bad I can't have a little play time with you before the boss."

Perfect time to put my plan in motion.

I bite my bottom lip and bring my pointer finger to my neck softly then skim it down to my breast, "that's too bad. I'd really like to play with you." Not breaking eye contact with him as my finger goes farther down my body. This is so embarrassing but Greg seems to buy it.

He's a dumbass to think I'd actually want him after all this. He seems to buy it and moves closer to me, "is that so?"

I hold my breath as he bends down to kiss my neck and I have to stop myself from vomiting on him. I grab his greasy long hair softly then tighten my grip and get my rock ready.

I take it and stab him in the side of the neck as hard as I can. He begins to yell out then stumbles away from me and tries to stop the bleeding from his wound. There is no way I am going to take any chances by letting him live. I quickly push him to the ground and beat him in the face with the rock.

The warm liquid of his blood coats my face and I feel no ounce of remorse for ending his life. He deserved this.

Rushing over to my clothes I quickly put on my panties and shirt then run over with Greg's keys to Raven's cage.

"Are you okay, Sang?" He looks at me worriedly and I can't help but appreciate him caring about my state of being at a time like this.

"I'm fine, Raven. Let's get out of here first and then I'll have my mental breakdown." I mutter out as I try and find the right key, but my hands keep shaking.

Raven reaches through the bars and grabs my hands, "take your time. Just breathe. You've got this." He says before releasing my hands.

Taking a deep breath, I work through the different keys. Finally finding the right one I opened the cage and Raven rushes right to me and surprises me with a hug.

"Thank you, little wolf. Now let's get the fuck out of here." He says before kissing the top of my head.

This man is just something else.

We go up the stairs and I try to contain the groan that wants to come out. All these damn keys I have to go through to find the right one that opens the door. Couldn't they have labeled these keys for me before I stole them? How rude.

We slowly open the door and peek out of it. Stained brick walls greet us and I look to my left to see a long hallway. We quickly run and spot a door, we open it and are completely blinded by sunlight. There is no way my life is that easy.

I am proven right when I hear gunshots and Raven grabs my hand in panic "Run! They are three shooters and five on feet chasing us." He yells at me while veering us around the corner.

Fuck me, I'm so out of shape from being stuck in that basement that I feel as if my heart is about to explode. We are surrounded by chain link fences that keep all the Soulless away from the building.

I'm actually excited to see them because it truly means I am finally outside.

Raven and I are running when I see him jolt. He let's go of my hand and holds it to his shoulder.

I'm instantly worried "Raven! Talk to me! What happened." He scans the surrounding area then looks over at me. "They shot me in the shoulder. I'm good." Like everything is fine and dandy. Crazy ass.

He keeps scanning the area and he must see something because he gets this mischievous look on his face. "Luck is on our fucking back!"

"You mean luck is on our side?" I gasp out and try to slow down but Raven grabs my arm to keep me running. "Same." He says distractedly.

I would have laughed, but couldn't given the fact that my lungs would probably collapse. Looking around, I try to see what he sees but am unable to locate anything.

I am following Raven when someone grabs the back of my hair and pulls me down. Raven turns back around to help when I see Xavier behind him with a gun pointed to the back of his head.

"Where do you think you two are going? The fun is about to start and I can't have the main attractions leaving just yet."