9: El Desesperado Vince

Toma team

While Mika led Sang to the river to bathe, Axel called in a quick meeting, wanting to know what everyone was thinking about the situation they found themselves in.

Raven was the first to speak, "That fucker Xavier is still alive, he has this weird fascination with Sang, I don't see him letting this go. He will come for her." Getting up from his spot on the ground Corey went to comfort Raven. Corey had been extremely worried when he had heard that Raven had been taken. Their relationship was only ever physical, friends with benefits, to the dismay of Corey who wanted more with Raven.

The only problem with that was his increasing attraction to Sang and it was obvious that Raven cared for her, to what extent he didn't know. What if Raven decided he wanted to be with just Sang? He was in love with Raven and couldn't handle that sort of rejection. Deciding not to dwell on it he tuned back into what Axel was saying, "We should head towards the direction of the farm. If we feel as if we are being followed then we can take the necessary measures to eliminate the threat they pose."

Axel did not mention, yet, to the team that they might have to detour to where Sang last saw her brother. Not wanting to get into some debate and the thought of hurting Sang or not having her with them made his chest tighten. Ever since last night he was realizing how much attraction he felt towards her. He had a duty to his family to protect them yet he wanted to go help this small woman find her brother, he didn't want these feelings. Getting frustrated, he tried to distract himself, "Where are those girls? We need to head out. We are still too close to the warehouse for my liking."

Vince was the first to get up because he had been wondering what took them so long as well. He had feelings for Mika, but she had it in her head that she didn't feel the same way for him. He did not understand, she said she wasn't attracted to men which does not make sense because they had hooked up once before. Saying she was drunk at the time was such a shit excuse, to say that their relationship was strained would have been an understatement. Making his way through the trees he began yelling out for her, he found them a bit later with Sang pressed up on Mika against a tree. They looked like they were having an intimate moment and he could not push down the anger that he felt, 'That fucking little bitch better keep her hands away from Mika' he thought to himself.

They sprung quickly apart from each other and Mika could not help but be annoyed by Vince. He had some crazy thought that they should be with each other because of a stupid one night stand that wouldn't have happened if she were absolutely wasted, she regretted the moments he woke up and he started spewing some Shakespearian shit at her. She knows she sounds harsh but how many fucking times does she have to say that she is only attracted to women, like Sang. That girl has her all tied up in knots, when she pushed her up against the tree she had never felt that type of rush before. She could have cared less if there were Soulless around her, all she was focused on was the feel of Sang's body against her own and those big green eyes looking at her with desire. Damnit, Vince, fucking vagina blocker.

Brandon and Kevin left a couple of minutes before to hunt a bit so the group could eat and head out towards the farm. Kevin was getting antsy about leaving Katherine and Mindy by themselves for a long amount of time, so they had him use his nervous energy into something productive. Marc watched as Sang, Vince, and Mika came through the trees to the campsite while he sat next to the rest of the guys. He noticed Vince and Mika looking angry which did not surprise him, they really needed to settle things between them because this is a small group and it is getting increasingly uncomfortable to be around them.

Looking over at Sang, Marc noticed how flushed and dirty she still was. She looked beautiful, he was captivated and shocked by her when he first saw the little spitfire throw a knife with such precision at a Soulless. Her small stature, curves in all the right places, and eyes that suck you in. She was like an avenging goddess and he knew he wasn't the only one in his group to feel the same interest in her. He hoped this wasn't going to add conflict within the group but knew that was just wishful thinking.

Meanwhile, Brandon and Kevin went out to try and find some food to appease everyone's hunger. They made their way through the thick foliage of trees, Brandon muttering curses about the damn mosquitoes while slapping various body parts. Kevin couldn't stop the smirk that came on his face watching the big guy being taken down by the little mosquitos. Brandon shooting him a glare and sarcastically telling him "yeah, laugh it up, asswipe."

Kevin was just about to respond when they heard the sounds of sticks breaking and of guns cocking. Both of the men's eyes widening when they caught sight of some of the same thugs from the warehouse, both of them muttering under their breath "Oh shit", they quickly but quietly jumped into action and made their towards their family.

Everyone was lounging around in various places when Kevin and Brandon busted into the camp site with anger and determination on their faces. Becoming immediately alert the rest of the group began standing and waited for the two men to inform them of the problem. Relaying what they saw everyone got into action. Raven grabbed his weapons and quickly sought out Corey and Sang so he could protect the two people who were quickly becoming his whole world. He was never really great at processing his real emotions to anyone, plus having feelings for two people is just a shit storm waiting to happen.

Axel looked around at the group to make sure everything and everyone were accounted for. Seemingly satisfied he motioned for the group to start running into the thick woods. Life for the Toma team was about to get substantially more interesting.