10: Xavier's Dickheads

Sang

My heart feels as if it's about to jump out of my chest, the adrenaline pumping through my veins give me no time to lose myself in fear. With Axel leading the pack we make quick time but still have a tremendous amount of people chasing after us. Raven and Corey are next to me, both searching their surroundings with looks of determination. Is it wrong for me to think of how sexy they look right now?

I'm not sure if Xavier wants me dead or alive at this point. I do know that I would rather fight to the death than be taken back to the cage that I called home through all the hours of torture and mind games. Contrary to what anyone might think, Xavier never touched me sexually. He is a narcissistic sociopath that thought women should throw themselves at him, just like Danielle did. He enjoyed the pain he inflicted on all of his captives.

I hear a gunshot and immediately look at my companions to see if anyone has been hit but luckily enough everyone is untouched. Taking a quick look behind me I notice that we have lost sight of Xavier's men and I move my legs faster to catch up to Axel.

I reach up to him and the bastard isn't even out of breath, "we lost sight of them but they will catch up to us, let's ambush them. We can climb up the trees and get the drop on their group. Some of us can hide on ground." I pant out.

Keeping his steady breathing, "there's too many of them for us to take out. I remember passing a town when we were driving to the warehouse and it was crawling with Soulless. Let's figure out a way to trap them and let the soulless do our dirty work."

Nodding my head I let Axel take the lead again and keep my pace even with Brandon who is right behind him. We make it out of the condensed trees and out onto an abandoned highway.

The vacant automobiles and bloodied doors send a shot of grief straight to my chest. So much heartache and violence for no reason whatsoever. Sensing movement next to me I see Mika and notice the devastated expression on her face, the mirror of my own.

The loud commotion behind our group breaks us out of our reverie and we begin to run towards the small dilapidated town. Axel leads us to the tree lining, trying not to alert the Soulless that we have arrived. Slowing down we group up together and begin trying to formulate a plan. All of us panting for breath, trying to slow our heart rate down although I do not think it is working due to the adrenaline pumping through our system.

Raking his hands through his long black hair Axel says "We need to break up the group and search the surrounding buildings to see if we can find a safe place we can hide from the Soulless and just wait Xavier's men out."

"It is not a very good plan but I agree that there is not any other way around this." I look up at Raven's face as he grunts this out and can tell that he rather fight than sit around, hiding.

Mika then speaks up while gnawing on her bottom lip "Wait, how are we supposed to let the other group know that we have found a place. I don't think we should split up."

I block the others out and take in where we are, the Soulless' movements, and try to hear the movements of the assholes chasing us. Then I notice something off, turning towards Axel I give him a confused look, "Axel, didn't you say there were a large amount of Soulless here. There is a large group here but I was expecting more."

Axel looks just as confused while looking around the town, "You're right. There was a lot more than this when I was passing through. We do not have time to wonder what will happen though. We will scout the surrounding buildings and meet back here to come up with the best plan. Those men should be here any second. We need to hurry." Making eye contact with everyone in our group to confirm that they understood his orders he then splits us up.

I start to run with Raven, Corey, and Brandon while Kevin, Axel, Marc, Mika, and Vince dash in the other direction. Gripping the knife in my hand tightly we get in line, our backs rubbing against the cement wall of a store. Raven and Corey are in front of me while Brandon takes the rear.

We walk by buildings trying to stay away from the Soulless when I feel the air shift and turn around getting ready to attack but I stop short when I see Brandon has already killed the Soulless man by stabbing him in the face. Nodding my head at him to see if he is okay he nods back and we hurry to catch up with the others.

It is scorching outside and I can feel the sweat dripping down my body; my skin begging for a breeze to flow around it. I am swiping the perspiration from my brow when I hear something odd from the building next to us, I grab Corey's arm and motion for him to stop Raven when he turns to me with a questioning look. Moving towards the window, the men begin to follow me but I stop them with a hard look showing with my hands that they need to stay where they are.

Brandon glares at me and begins to walk towards me and I roll my eyes at them, I am not some helpless little girl. They will soon begin to learn that. The streets are abandoned at the moment and I slowly made my way to the back door of the building that looks like it has seen better days. Raven stops me from walking in and points at the window that is above the door, I move over to him and his strong hands grip my waist to peer inside the window.

What I see inside makes my stomach churn with disgust and sadness but also makes me come up with a genius plan. Patting Raven's hands he slides his hands up my body while lowering me to the ground. I turn around and look at these handsome men and their eyes widen when they see the cruel smile on my face, "I have the perfect plan for these dickheads."