11: Vodka Burns

Sang

I finish explaining my plan while ignoring the three beautiful men that are gazing at me in horrified silence.

"So, you're saying that there are tons of Soulless children in that building?" Corey coughs out while taking a step away from the building like a child will just reach out and grab him through the wall.

Raven has his arms crossed while thinking hard about something while Brandon looks at me incredulously, "how are, what thirty, Soulless children going to do anything to 15 men with guns?" He scoffs at me as if I'm an idiot and I have to hold myself back from throwing a sharp object at his face.

"Have you seen any Soulless children in action?" Raven nods with a contemplative look on his face while the twins stay silent. Nodding my head at them I say "I have and they are tiny little demons on a sugar high that will climb you like a tree while eating your intestines and laughing at the same time."

Not giving them time to respond I look over at Raven and see him give me a small smile. Knowing I have his support I lead the way back to the meeting spot.

We are the first to arrive which is surprising since we had to hide from Xavier's men that we almost ran into. The snapping of a twig alerts us that we have company and I tighten my grip on the knife in my hand.

Our tense stances easing when we see Marc's two unalike colored eyes come into view. He gives us a smirk and moves closer to me as the rest of the group comes into view.

Mika is glaring at Vince for who knows what, kevin and Axel looking stoic as ever ask us to relay what we have found. Raven goes over our finds and the plan I came up with, Axel seems to agree with it and adds that they also have found a group of Soulless on the other side of town.

We start to formulate a proficient plan to get away from these outlaws. Not to toot our own horns but this plan seems pretty foolproof if we can execute it correctly. Toot toot

Ten minutes later I'm running through the streets with ten men after me, my feet pounding against the deteriorating street. The wind zooming past my face as I try and regulate my breathing. Chancing a quick look behind me I see that they are quickly gaining on me.

Mustering all the strength within me I push myself harder to reach my destination, praying that everyone is in position for the next part of the plan.

Reaching the courtyard I begin veering into a small alleyway as I see Raven leading five of the other men into the area. Raven runs into the same alleyway as I am with all fifteen starting to follow us, that is, until they hear the child like screams fill the air. The eerie sound lets me know that Brandon has opened the door for the Soulless children and hopefully has gotten safely away.

That's when chaos erupts, men begin to yell out in agony and the bullets start to ricochet against the stone walls. I watch with morbid fascination as a little girl rips a man's eye out of his socket and sticks it in her mouth.

Raven pulls me away to start leading us back to the others while I try not to gag from what I just witnessed. It begins to quiet down until they realize that all the sounds they caused was a beacon for the rest of the Soulless in the surrounding areas.

Not waiting to see if anyone survived we run as fast as possible to our meeting point with the rest of the group. Making sure everyone is accounted for we take off into the woods wishing for peace from Xavier's pursuits, but knowing that he would not give up so easily.

An hour later we come upon a stream and decide to set up camp half a mile away from the beautiful clear water so that we can give privacy to whoever wants to bathe.

Everyone seems to have lost all of their adrenaline from the activities of today and immediately collapse into a deep sleep.

The next day is filled with relaxation and hanging out so that we don't completely wear ourselves down. I haven't forgotten Raven's gunshot wound so I ask Axel if he has any type of alcohol. His eyebrows reaching his hairline in surprise he grabs a clear bottle and hands it to me saying that Marc had grabbed a bottle of vodka and other supplies from the town we were at yesterday. Smiling my thanks to him I go and get my knife then head over to Raven who is sitting by the fire with Kevin laughing his ass off at a story Kevin was telling him.

Putting my knife in my belt so he doesn't see, I walk over to him bottle in hand and his eyes light up, " my little wolf! I see you come with gifts. Just you wait, I'll gift you with a fruit cup soon." He finishes while grabbing me by the waist and sitting me on his lap. Trying not to blush I turn to look at his face and giggle, "I need you to take your shirt off."

He smirks and desire begins to make his eyes darken, "what game are you playing, little wolf?" He whispers and I involuntarily shiver. He slowly takes it off and I can see his tan tattooed cover skin just waiting to be licked.

Trying to remember why I was doing this I finally zero in on the angry looking wound on his shoulder area. "Raven! Your shoulder looks like shit. We should have handled this sooner, it's going to get infected." I say angrily at him while he looks unconcerned.

"Don't worry, I'm big Russian man, a little bullet nothing to-" then he screeches when I pour the vodka into the wound on his shoulder and back. The bullet went straight through which is a blessing because I'm not sure how I would feel about digging a bullet out of someone who could scream so loud.

While Raven is getting pissed at me I see the rest of the crew coming closer to inspect the situation. Pointing to Kevin and Axel I say "you're going to want to hold him down for this. His wound could get infected if its left open."

Looking like they want to protest, Raven stops them with a wave of his hand. "Little wolf is right. Let her do it."

Surprised that he trusts me enough I give him a small smile, glad that he isn't angry with me. Axel and Kevin go to grab him but Raven just shakes his head and sits on the log. I think his ego took a hit when he screamed like a little baby so, he is trying to be a badass now.

Placing my hand on his bare shoulder I push the tip of the blade against his back wound first, hearing the sizzle of his flesh being burned makes me wince. Moving towards the front I repeat the same process and see Raven gritting his teeth in pain.

Corey also seeing this immediately grabs Raven's hand and leads him to bed after I finish. Sighing and wiping the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand I see Marc coming over to me. "Come on, sang. Let's get you to bed."

Following Marc to where everyone is laying down, I go over to sleep slightly separate from the group but Marc isn't having it. Laying on his back he urges me to rest my head on his bicep and wraps his arms around me.

Snuggling closer to him I'm quickly falling into a dreamless state when I hear Marc whispering into my hairline, "you're apart of our family now" then kisses my head.