16: The Deal

Sang

The older woman waves her gun in front of Raven's face and demands what business we have here.

Axel raises his hands in the universal sign of peace and says in a soft tone trying not to freak out the crazy women, "Look, we just came here because we thought we could stay here for the night away from Soulless. We are afraid a hoard of them might be headed to this area. That's it."

Mika walks forward a little bit but the girl bares her teeth and points the gun at her. Not being able to keep her temper in check Mika growls out, "Bitch, get that fucking gun out of my face!"

"Calm down." Axel bites out to Mika, which has her crossing her arms. I hold my breath and hope that Axel can talk us out of this mess, these women look not right in the head.

"Ma'am? Maybe we can help you all out. we have some provisions. Just let us go and we can help you."

The girl turns to her mother and nods her head toward our group, "What do you think?"

"I don't trust them." she says as she scans our group up and down, sneering at me mostly which I can't interpret as to why.

"We can always shoot them if they do anything we don't like. Ma, we need the help."

Rolling his eyes, Brandon sneers out "You know we can hear you right?"

She raises an eyebrow while moving her gun in the air "So? I am the one pointing a gun to your face. I can say what I want." Well, she does have a point there.

The pair seem to have an eye conversation with each other and I can't help the nostalgia I get from their interaction. To have such a strong bond with someone that you can have a whole conversation without a word being said. I miss having that strong connection to someone.

They seem to have come to an agreement as we stand staring at them awkwardly. Trying to cover up my nose with my sleeve, the smell in this house is awful and I can't help but think I would prefer staying outside with the Soulless than this.

"We will let you live but, you have to help make this place liveable again. Gardens, water, and cleaning."

"The fuck? Is she serious?"

"Why can't you do that yourself?"

"These lazy bitches." mutters Mika and I can't contain the snort that pops out.

The girl glares at us and yells at us "My mother is sick! I cannot do this all alone. Please!"

Shit, why does she have to look so sad and pathetic? It makes saying no very difficult. Looking around the dilapidated house, the girl and mother look absolutely run down. No one can live like this.

"Why don't you just leave?" I ask quietly once every one settles down. I guess the others were wondering the same thing because they all look at her questioningly.

If possible her shoulders droop even more, "This has always been our home. We won't abandon it! Plus we rarely get a lot of soulless here." Her brown eyes pleading with us to understand and I can't help but feel compassion towards her plight. Looking towards the others, I can see they are having a difficult time.

"Can we have a moment to discuss?"

Giving us suspicious looks the girl nods her head, she and her mother stand there with their guns still pointed at us. Turning back to the others, the indecision blaring out of their faces like big blinking signs. Well, except for Vincent, he is too busy ogling the daughter. Seriously? Wasn't he confessing his undying love for Mika not too long ago. Hey, I'm not complaining.

Tired of all the arguing since they cannot seem to come to an agreement, some think we should stay and help, others think that Katherine & Mindy have been alone for too long. Muttering out a "Guys I think I have a solution."

"We can't just leave Katherine and Mindy alone for too long! Especially with Kevin hurt! These women aren't our family."

"They need our help! We are Academy. We help people!"

"Guys-"

"Family comes first!"

"Shut up! I have a solution if you bull headed monkeys would stop arguing." I say loudly. Hearing laughter I glare at the girl still holding her weapon at us. Turning to my group I say in a quieter tone, "How about we help them for two days and then three people from our group will go to Katherine and Mindy? The remaining group will finish getting this place together and meet you all at the farm 3 days later."

Axel looks thoughtful and nods his head, " Any objections?" He asks the group. Surprisingly, everyone seemed open to this plan. While Axel tells the women our decision I make my way around the house silently, they have not noticed my absence to which I am thankful for. Looking around I see the stained wallpaper slightly peeling off the walls, the dirt infested carpet making it obvious that I should never walk on it without shoes. I walk into a room on the first floor and come to the conclusion that it is the older woman's room due to the clothing in her closet. Not seeing anything too exciting I walk back into the hallway and notice a door with a bolt on it, knowing I can't open the door anyways I begin to pass it when I hear a grunt coming from the other side of the door, "what the fuck..." I whisper to myself as I put my ear to the door. Rustling comes from the other side, I am so focused on the sounds that i did not realize that the older woman had been staring at me.

"What are you doing?" The woman asks angrily as she latches onto my arm. Scared out of my mind at being caught I try not to let on how much this woman terrifies me, especially with what she has hidden in her hallway closet. Assuring her that I was just looking around to see how much work is to be done she tightens her grip the more I babble.

"Stay out of my room! Got it? What's your name little girl?"

Not liking her attitude I wrench my arm out of her hold and say "my name is Sang." Once, I say that her eyes take on a glazed look, muttering under her breath "where have I heard that name before?"

I am determined to get away from her because she gives me really weird vibes. I start to inch around her but she senses my movement which seems to shake her out of her thoughts, "Marie! Show Song and her friends where they are sleeping for the night."

The girl comes up and seems to try and give me a smile but she ends up looking constipated, I don't think she likes me too much. I guess she has that in common with her mom.

"Yes, mother. Follow me"

I follow after her, hoping I am not willingly walking into my own demise.