8: The No Pants Dance

Sang

We are walking to an area where we can settle for the night and I can't help but take everything in. The smell of the forest, all the noises of the animals and insects, feel the rough bark of a tree as I pass it. I have been held captive for so long that I feel like weeping for joy because I'm finally free.

Raven catches up to me and breaks my train of thought "how are you doing little wolf?"he asks quietly.

"Strange, you know I forgot what it feels like to have the wind in my hair or the feeling of complete insignificance you feel while looking up at the moon. Plus I don't have any pants on so there's that as well" I absently mumble to him. I can't stop touching everything, so much so that I didn't even realize how everyone was looking at me with a sense of wonderment.

"I found a place." A deep voice says in front of us, we walk through a clearing and see a vast meadow.

Two of the men begin to make a fire and we are all sitting around the pile of wood as they do so.

The woman claps her hands excitedly and sits next to me, "We haven't even introduced ourselves! We are so rude. Okay, so, I'm Mika." She says while smiling and grabs one of my hands.

I pray that they are not sweating and I know that I'm losing the fight to not blush. She gives me a wink and points to the man with two colored eyes, "that asstown is Marc, my brother."

"Hey!" Marc shouts in indignation with his hands in the air. I giggle and he looks at me with a smile.

Mika rolls her eyes at Marc and points to a man with long dark hair, "Moving along, that's our bossman Axel. He may act like he has a stick up his ass but he doesn't." He gives her a stern look and raises his eyebrows.

"I'm just kidding!" She says but then turns and mouths at me nodding "he does have a stick up his ass" .

I can't help but start to laugh and then stop when his dark eyes meet my light ones.

Still with her hand around mine she points to all the rest of the men, "that's Kevin, Vince, Brandon, and Corey plus Raven but you already know him." The boys give me various greetings and I nod my head at all of them.

Corey and Brandon are twins with blonde hair and blue eyes. What I would give to be the filling in that sandwich. Whoa hold on there Sang! What am I thinking? I've never been so attracted to so many people at once before.

I mean I was attracted to Danielle but that was before she became a psycho bitch. Thinking about Danielle just sends my emotions rushing out. Everything from the past 24 hours catches up to me. I get up so quickly that I startle Mika into letting go of my hand, "I need to take a walk. I can take first watch tonight if you want."

"You can't leave it's getting dark, you're pant less, and there could be Soulless." Axel says while standing. To be honest he is intimidating but there is no way I am letting someone think that they can tell me what to do. I've already had too much of that in my life.

"I am sorry, you must have memory loss, do you not remember the last Soulless I killed? I believe he had a knife where his eye used to be and does anybody have something to cover my bottom half?" I snapped back at him. I don't mean to be rude but I can't cry in front of them and that's all I want to do right now.

Raven must see something in my face because he says, "let her go, Axel. Little wolf can take care of herself." Tossing his dagger at me which I catch by the handle. Mika quickly hands me some shorts from her pack. I nod my head at both of them in gratitude and take off, finding a large tree I sit at the trunk of it, letting the dam break and my tears flow.

A little while later, I walk back to the camp site and see everyone sleeping. Corey and Raven are cuddling together which shocks me. Are they together? I'm attracted to both of them unfortunately but Raven was flirting with me, maybe that is just his personality. My emotions are too wild right now to even think about that.

Everyone is spread out except for Axel, his dark eyes meeting mine across the fire, "feel better?" He asks while following me with his eyes.

I sit next to him on the log and stare at the fire. The crackle and pop of the flames are soothing and I find myself wanting to tell him explain myself but all I can mutter our is,. "I have a brother.".

Feeling his focus on me I continue, "I don't know what happened to him, it's been two years and what if he isn't where I left him?"

Axel doesn't respond but slides closer to me on the log to the point that our shoulders are touching. We stay that way for a while like time has frozen and the only thing that matters is the fire, the heat flickering across our faces. The dancing embers lull me to sleep and I feel my head leaning on Axel's shoulder but I am not in control of my body anymore.

The last thing I hear is his soft voice saying that he will do anything in his power to help me.

-------

I wake up to movement close to me, acting on instinct I immediately grab the closest body part next to me and pull, I jump into a fighting position and open my eyes to see Raven on the floor while muttering curses.

Looking around I see the group laughing and my eyes widen in shock, "I'm so sorry Raven! It was just a reaction." I say while reaching for his hand to help him up.

"Fuck, little wolf stop trying to turn me on. It was my fault anyways." He grunts out while dusting off his already dirty pants.

Blushing, I look over to see if Corey is angry but he is already looking at me with a smile on his face. I guess he isn't angry?

Just then I heard movement in the woods making me tense until I see Mika trying to brush through her wet hair. "Hey is there a place I can wash off?" I ask her and she looks up with a smile.

"Yeah, follow me, I'll show you." I quickly follow her as she turns around

While we are walking together we are trying to guess which type of birds are by the different bird sounds we hear when a breeze wafts by.

I smell rot and look around, that's when I see five Soulless far up ahead but coming in our direction. Mika is looking the other way and I don't want to attract their attention. Thinking quickly I grabbed her by the shoulders and push her back against a tree trunk flushing myself against her while looking around the tree to locate the Soulless.

She's about to say something when I cover her mouth with my hand giving her a shut the hell up look. I get down slowly and reach for a rock, throwing it as far as I can in the opposite way then flushing myself back against Mika.

I'm breathing heavily and lean my head on her shoulder when they follow the sound and head the opposite way.

"Shit, okay, sorry about that you can talk now." I whisper out, I lift my head up and realize just the position we are in. Her hands on my hips, our bodies flushed together and my hand next to her head blocking her.

Her eyes look so beautiful up close, they are brown with slight flecks of green and gold in them. I licked my lips and she follows the movements, she leaned her head closer to mine.

Her breath ghosting my face-

"Hey! Mika! Did you get lost showing sang to the river?" We hear Vince yell out and immediately jump apart.