Chapter 11: It's too late.

-Two days later-

~Aaron's Pv~

I paced back and forth a crossed the floor. Sleep threatened to trip me into dreamland. Ever since Mark left two days ago I can't sleep. It's not that his absents is effecting me it just seems like every part of the house has gotten darker. Wade found a girlfriend and so he's gone for most of the time. The house creaked under the weight of the new fallen snow that hasn't stopped. A soft thud came from the living room and my head quickly snapped toward my bedroom door. I stopped in my tracks and waited listening for the demon that might drag me away. The corners of my room seemed to fill with menacing darkness. The temperature in the room dropped quickly. Lights turned off themselves. The silently dangerous night creature saw its oppurtunity crawling a crossed the floor taking up what was left of where the light once was surrounding me in endless darkness. I move slowly feeling my way. A soft glow came from acrossed the room and a silent crying feeled my ears. I approached what looked to be like a women. Small and fragile in every aspect trembling when she saw my figure.

"Don't hurt me anymore! I'm sorry please don't hurt me!" Her body trembled her brusied arms raise to protect her face.

"Why would I hurt you" I crouched down to get a better look at the women who was shackled to the wall.

Her head snapped at me as she realized I was not the person she thought I was. Her lime green eyes stared at mine in like a begging manner. She was wearing a white nightgown that clung to her. Her long brown hair caressed her cheeks. She had bruises and cuts along her arms and legs.

"Who are you?" I stare at the women.

"My name is Emily Clare" Her voice was firm no longer scared.

"Who did this to you Emily?" I wanted to touch her but feared that I would hurt her.

"My husband Matthew Clare" Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Why did he?" I hesitated and tripped over my words.

She gave a soft sigh and began her story. "I feel in love with a quiet man. Always kept to himself didn't express how he felt in words but with actions. It bothered me that he didn't tell me much but I also loved him for it. Instead of saying he loved me he showed me. Took me on dates and just did things I loved. We ended up getting married two years after we were dating. Our honeymoon was fantastic. That night night we returned home he wasn't the same. He was constantly looking over his shoulder, avoiding dark corners and places. He left the room in the middle of the night. I thought he went to go get a drink or something but he didn't come back in twenty minutes so I got up. There was a room at the end of the hall he always told me to never go near. It was open just enough for me to look inside. He was standing there shadows surrounding him. He was talking to them twist a bout. They kept getting closer to him. Then he looked at the door and motioned me to come in. I went in and up to him. He looked at me with sorrow. He told me he was sorry. He kept saying sorry then he took me life and whispered the voices told him so. They said they'd grant him immortality and instead killed him and he refuses to let me move on. So now I'm stuck here. And he uses mortals like you to satisfy he's need for revenge to kill them eventually." Her voice was shaking and she was trying hard not to cry.

I felt bad for her for everything. My body tensed up. We're living in her house. That what Mark has been seeing. Oh god Mark he's in danger. He's not crazy at all. I grabbed the girls shackles.

"Is there anyway I can help you?" I tried to calm my voice.

"Yes but it requires you to kill your loved one" she looked away from me.